Lincoln city vs Preston North End - 25th March 1995

simo

Advisor to the Owner
Last minute, after we'd battered 'em for the previous 90.
Yep, we completely outplayed them that night but when your forwards are Allan Smart and Mark Sale you're going to be limited in what you can do!

Fast forward a few months to the following August and you've got Wilkinson and Saville up top and the rest is history.

Kathryn

Advisor to the Owner
I also remember a 4-3 win against Stoke who pulled back a 3-1 deficit by equalising in stoppage time only for us to win it even later in stoppage time. Pretty sure Gary Megson was the Stoke Manager.
I remember that one. The person next to me left at 3-2.

HeyshamWhite

Manager
2nd game - we just at home to Lincoln wonder goal at home 1st match!
Different season - we didn't play at home for a few games at the start of 94/95 due to the plastic pitch having been ripped up after Torquay and teh new grass pitch needing time to be ready. It was the following season we started with a defeat at home to Lincoln (although our first game back on grass in 94 was also at Home to Lincoln, but we won that won pretty convincingly iirc)

sports rehab

Advisor to the Owner
Different season - we didn't play at home for a few games at the start of 94/95 due to the plastic pitch having been ripped up after Torquay and teh new grass pitch needing time to be ready. It was the following season we started with a defeat at home to Lincoln (although our first game back on grass in 94 was also at Home to Lincoln, but we won that won pretty convincingly iirc)
Didnt we lose that 'opening season game' 2 - 1 with Saville scoring a header for us at the Town End ? probably his 1st league goal for us...

Ando60

Hat Trick Hero
Patron
Here's the highlights for you pal...pretty sure it was opening day 94.

I went to Hereford in October 1993....

I went on the junior whites coach with my two kids ( they played a game in the morning against the junior Hereford team )

The Nobbers were 3-0 up with goals from Moyes and Ellis ( 2 )

Hereford scored twice in the last 6 minutes to set up a nervy finish......

Berlinender

Manager
the footage from that hereford game was a bit ropey, but understandable considering the age. anyone see the sponsor on our shirts? doesnt look like the vertical Coloroll one