Liverpool womens hospital car bomb?

outreacher

Respect Nature
Patron
I’ve always been told that if you collapsed in the street they’d step over you. That’s how some people feel about the place.
You would probably have your pockets riffled first, and wallet and valuables stolen.

I read a story a few years back about a bloke who had a heart attack in a German City, apparently he lay in the street for a couple of days (dead) before someone contacted emergency services.

Last edited:

outreacher

Respect Nature
Patron
I thought that too Raef, but maybe not as the bomb was quite sophisticated and would take some knowledge to assemble.

Could he put the device together himself in a bedsit without it being discovered, in supported housing accommodation, that would be visited on a regular basis by support workers? Just guessing but maybe it was assembled elsewhere and he was just the mug that was to be the Jihadi sacrificial martyr.

The missus works in the Mental Health profession, dealing with former homeless rough sleepers, now living in supported housing, and she visits them and does case reports on a regular basis.

I have been looking into this asylum supported housing accommodation, thinking this must be a very lucrative deal for Serco and came across this. Serco have only got two regions in the UK, the contract only covers 17,000 asylum seekers. I wonder who is dealing with the remainder of those awaiting 132,349  refugees, 77,245 pending asylum cases  and 4662  stateless persons  in the UK.

The biggest region in the UK with asylum seekers in supported housing is the NE, which Serco does not cover, how much does the rest of the country cost, and are these asylum delays due to lucrative contracts, legal fees not included? All these contracts have been awarded under Tory Rule. These costs are for accommodation only. Looks like a lot of people making a lot of money out of this.

Serco awarded UK asylum support services contracts with an estimated value of £1.9bn; Serco’s largest ever contract award.

Serco, Mears win £2.9 billion refugee housing contracts in Britain​

Serco

Mears

Regardless

Forum Patron
Patron
I'm seeing continued social media praise for unbelievable bravery of the taxi driver. I think I saw something about fundraising for him.

I thought I read that his wife had made a statement that suggested he was more passive part in all this.

Obviously, I'm totally empathetic with the bloke... but intrigued to know if he really did make anything really remarkable.... or even a little bit remarkable! Anyone up to speed with this?

outreacher

Respect Nature
Patron
I'm seeing continued social media praise for unbelievable bravery of the taxi driver. I think I saw something about fundraising for him.

I thought I read that his wife had made a statement that suggested he was more passive part in all this.

Obviously, I'm totally empathetic with the bloke... but intrigued to know if he really did make anything really remarkable.... or even a little bit remarkable! Anyone up to speed with this?
Just that the fundraising sites might be a scam, wife says she knows nothing about it...30k one has raised.

outreacher

Respect Nature
Patron
Edit to the above, the article has changed to this:
"His family have since been in touch and said there are a number of other fundraisers that have been set up but are not official and the family are concerned people will be giving money to people they do not know."

northender0602

Forum Patron
Patron
I have been looking into this asylum supported housing accommodation, thinking this must be a very lucrative deal for Serco and came across this. Serco have only got two regions in the UK, the contract only covers 17,000 asylum seekers. I wonder who is dealing with the remainder of those awaiting 132,349  refugees, 77,245 pending asylum cases  and 4662  stateless persons  in the UK.

The biggest region in the UK with asylum seekers in supported housing is the NE, which Serco does not cover, how much does the rest of the country cost, and are these asylum delays due to lucrative contracts, legal fees not included? All these contracts have been awarded under Tory Rule. These costs are for accommodation only. Looks like a lot of people making a lot of money out of this.

Serco awarded UK asylum support services contracts with an estimated value of £1.9bn; Serco’s largest ever contract award.

Serco, Mears win £2.9 billion refugee housing contracts in Britain​

Serco

Mears
Who owns that company?

outreacher

Respect Nature
Patron
Who owns that company?
It' is a PLC, Chairman is Sir Roy Gardner ex Man Utd and controversial; figure, was joint owner of Plymouth also. Sold Man U to the Gazier family. CEO is Rupert Soames, grandson of Winston Churchill.
In July 2019, a fine of £19.2m was imposed on Serco for fraud and false accounting over its electronic tagging service for the Ministry of Justice. The company was also ordered to pay the Serious Fraud Office's investigative costs of £3.7 million.[4] The company has also been accused of an extensive cover-up over sexual abuse of immigrants at Yarl's Wood Immigration Removal Centre in Bedfordshire,[5] and, together with its consortium partners, failing to develop a strategy for managing Higher Active radioactive Waste at the Atomic Weapons Establishment.[5]

Two Links below - Not sure the Guardian article is up to date.

Serco: the company that is running Britain

Serco

Last edited:

sussexrob

Forum Patron
Patron
do you mean Liverpool Cathedral?

Man who gave a home to Liverpool bomber 'knew Bible meetings targeted by fake converts'​

The former lay minister who gave a home to Liverpool bomber Emad al Swealmeen was aware that his Bible meetings were being targeted by Muslims pretending to convert to Christianity.
Malcolm Hitchcott, who was assistant leader of Liverpool Cathedral's Iranian ministry, told an appeal tribunal: "I am aware that there are some asylum seekers who attend church with the sole purpose of advancing their asylum claims."

Soft touch Britain .

OP
raefil

raefil

Dolly Patron
Patron

Man who gave a home to Liverpool bomber 'knew Bible meetings targeted by fake converts'​

The former lay minister who gave a home to Liverpool bomber Emad al Swealmeen was aware that his Bible meetings were being targeted by Muslims pretending to convert to Christianity.
Malcolm Hitchcott, who was assistant leader of Liverpool Cathedral's Iranian ministry, told an appeal tribunal: "I am aware that there are some asylum seekers who attend church with the sole purpose of advancing their asylum claims."

Soft touch Britain .

Didn't work, did it?

We should be asking why a failed asylum seeker was still here?

Patel not so tough after all.

sussexrob

Forum Patron
Patron
Didn't work, did it?

We should be asking why a failed asylum seeker was still here?

Patel not so tough after all.
Wouldn't just blame it on her this goes back way before her tenure , the whole system needs a revamp . Hate to say it though Phil the do gooders are the problem like these very people in the article.
If the target was the cathedral they were very lucky, those they where helping may have turned it on them.

OP
raefil

raefil

Dolly Patron
Patron
Wouldn't just blame it on her this goes back way before her tenure , the whole system needs a revamp . Hate to say it though Phil the do gooders are the problem like these very people in the article.
If the target was the cathedral they were very lucky, those they where helping may have turned it on them.
This was during patels stewardship so it's entirely on her.

How many more failed asylum seekers remain here?

northender0602

Forum Patron
Patron

Too darn many, I’ve always thought they should be in holding centres not just left to disappear into the ether. While they are there they can learn the lingo and be helped to register with G.Ps and the such. It’s difficult when an asylum speaker tries to register, they cannot speak a word of English, you try to help them but it’s an impossible task, all they have with them is a sheet of paper from the home office, when they do get registered and they have medical needs you then have to get an interpreter for them, and the 10 minutes that the g.p. Is given per patient, can stretch to 30/40 minutes. Just setting them up with the basics would be more beneficial for everyone.

sussexrob

Forum Patron
Patron
Too darn many, I’ve always thought they should be in holding centres not just left to disappear into the ether. While they are there they can learn the lingo and be helped to register with G.Ps and the such. It’s difficult when an asylum speaker tries to register, they cannot speak a word of English, you try to help them but it’s an impossible task, all they have with them is a sheet of paper from the home office, when they do get registered and they have medical needs you then have to get an interpreter for them, and the 10 minutes that the g.p. Is given per patient, can stretch to 30/40 minutes. Just setting them up with the basics would be more beneficial for everyone.
The do gooders don't want them in holding centres against their human rights so they say they are not prisoners.

OP
raefil

raefil

Dolly Patron
Patron
The do gooders don't want them in holding centres against their human rights so they say they are not prisoners.
"The do gooders."

Very lazy robert.

Detention centres:

But you did know about these, didnt you?

sussexrob

Forum Patron
Patron

We have had this before, when murderers and rapists and the likes have been sitting on a plane they get a last minute reprieve because they say they are gay or some nonsense.

You know my view after all these years the ones in France should be sent straight back they are not even asylum seekers in my eyes . If they knew they wouldn't get into soft touch Britain it would stop them risking their lives and stop the gangs making money from them.

Liberation

Forum Patron
Patron

I don't understand how a failed asylum seeker remains here at all...... Pardon my naivety but I assumed the decision would be taken at an official hearing and then the failed individual ( who would be in attendance) would be held and returned to where they came from ...... Don't tell me this is done by post thus allowing the individual to disappear?............

OP
raefil

raefil

Dolly Patron
Patron
I don't understand how a failed asylum seeker remains here at all...... Pardon my naivety but I assumed the decision would be taken at an official hearing and then the failed individual ( who would be in attendance) would be held and returned to where they came from ...... Don't tell me this is done by post thus allowing the individual to disappear?............
Im assuming they would have the right of appeal?