Liverpool womens hospital car bomb?

Liberation

Forum Patron
Patron
It seems the asylum hearing is done by a face to face substansive interview. You are advised to have legal representation.

I'm assuming that is provided ( and an interpreter if needed )? Then the appeal should be conducted under the same rules.......... Unfortunately, common sense tells me the individual will have " done one " by then.. I would because I wouldn't risk it.

OP
raefil

raefil

Dolly Patron
Patron
I'm assuming that is provided ( and an interpreter if needed )? Then the appeal should be conducted under the same rules.......... Unfortunately, common sense tells me the individual will have " done one " by then.. I would because I wouldn't risk it.
On a serious point if they do one I honestly wonder how they cope. Its damned hard work, right now, trying to make a living let alone one where you spend your life effectively ducking and diving.

outreacher

Respect Nature
Patron
Didn't work, did it?

We should be asking why a failed asylum seeker was still here?

Patel not so tough after all.

Money, income source for Serco, they are also responsible for shifting them out, but they have contracts to keep there support houses full?

Liberation

Forum Patron
Patron
On a serious point if they do one I honestly wonder how they cope. Its damned hard work, right now, trying to make a living let alone one where you spend your life effectively ducking and diving.

There's a " black economy " out there Phil that's alive and kicking, take my word for it....... You've told me many a time in the past that a lot of these individuals have connections here ( hence the attraction of trapsing across Europe).... Doesn't take too much working out how they disappear.

outreacher

Respect Nature
Patron
Wouldn't just blame it on her this goes back way before her tenure , the whole system needs a revamp . Hate to say it though Phil the do gooders are the problem like these very people in the article.
If the target was the cathedral they were very lucky, those they where helping may have turned it on them.
Apparently the main bomb failed to detonate, if it had there would have been a different situation at the hospital.

outreacher

Respect Nature
Patron
If you hadn't noticed the police don't even chase up crimes, to hunt down missing asylum seekers is a waste of police time. London is full of illegal immigrants and illegal businesses, black market, drugs, crime gangs, not enough police, not enough enforcement.

If an undocumented person is found working illegally, immigration firstly have to contact the suspects Embassy and apply for papers/passport and they are released back into the community and told to report weekly to the local nick.

sussexrob

Forum Patron
Patron
If you hadn't noticed the police don't even chase up crimes, to hunt down missing asylum seekers is a waste of police time. London is full of illegal immigrants and illegal businesses, black market, drugs, crime gangs, not enough police, not enough enforcement.

If an undocumented person is found working illegally, immigration firstly have to contact the suspects Embassy and apply for papers/passport and they are released back into the community and told to report weekly to the local nick.
Just listening to a guy from the home office on the wireless ,his words if they have no documents they will never go back because there is no prove he/she is even from that country they say they are from, that country will not take them back without documents. Which is why the majority get rid of any documents that might tie them to a country.

northender0602

Forum Patron
Patron
Just listening to a guy from the home office on the wireless ,his words if they have no documents they will never go back because there is no prove he/she is even from that country they say they are from, that country will not take them back without documents. Which is why the majority get rid of any documents that might tie them to a country.
Thought Dna could identify what race and I have watched programmes in the Past where archaeologists have identified where a person came from by samples taken From the body, but think it was bone and the like, but can’t see that being done. Human rights and all that.

outreacher

Respect Nature
Patron
Meanwhile Serco are awarded taxpayer funded billion pound contracts for managing supported housing or hotels rent free (neither supported), where bogus asylum seekers can come and go as they please, working illegally if they so choose.

No plans whatsoever to deal with the situation, and the shareholders of the 'Corporate Group' Serco, receive tax-payer funded dividends (Serco workers get living wage), whilst the housing shortage grows, the NHS is overrun, and Universal Credit punishes those unfortunate enough to have to claim it.

Last edited:

Mer5eywhite

Forum Patron
Patron
Only way to deter them is by making the UK worse than where they come from. I reckon that’s the Tory plan.

outreacher

Respect Nature
Patron
Only way to deter them is by making the UK worse than where they come from. I reckon that’s the Tory plan.

The authorities could say, no papers no asylum, if you wish to apply, your embassy is 'Number 16, Longway Rd, London, go get your documents and come back to the home office or your refugee assistance centre, with a letter stating proof of your application. You have to get the documents, if you don't then you will be interned until we can deport you for illegal entry to the UK.

There are plenty of charitable groups who would be willing to assist them:

https://www.turn2us.org.uk/Your-Situation/A-Migrant/Asylum-Seekers/UK-Visas-and-Immigration-support
https://www.refugee-action.org.uk/
https://www.migranthelpuk.org/pages/category/asylum

Just a few of many, a grant for travel costs and food allowance, would be positive help and much better than the journey from Albania, Iraq, or wherever they say they came from. If proof of visit to embassy is established then temporary accommodation will be granted for a period of one month, with an extension granted if delays in obtaining documents is needed.

This would eliminate the taxpayers funding Corporate Groups milking the system.

Kathryn

Advisor to the Owner
Thought Dna could identify what race and I have watched programmes in the Past where archaeologists have identified where a person came from by samples taken From the body, but think it was bone and the like, but can’t see that being done. Human rights and all that.
That can only tell where their ethnicity originated. Where they were born or were resident isn’t necessarily the same.

Sepp Blatter

Liz Truss Groupie
Patron
Sorry to show ignorance - who is Jonathan Ashworth & what is known of his political views, plz.?
Tends to be from the Starmer part of the Labour Party.

To be fair, after looking around on social media, he wasn't the only politician or journalist who got the wrong impression and thought that the taxi driver had died. There was a lot of conflicting information at the time.

I'm not a fan of his, but think it was a genuine mistake for which he apologised.