PNE-Online
Welcome to PNE-Online. Why not register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox! You can also join up as a forum Patron to help support in the running costs of the forum.

Loanwatch 22/23

Thracia

Forum Patron
Patron
Interesting insight on our Cat 3 "pathway" of sending lads out to non-league where they don't get games:

RL: "When we get players from other clubs [on loan], we're governed by financial constraints and restrictions on them that they have to more or less play sometimes. Maybe we'll look at [doing that with our outbound loan players] because we don't want any of our youngsters going out and not playing."

Financially penalising cash-strapped non-league clubs who don't want to play our "starlets" for whatever reason doesn't feel like a particularly fantastic policy to me.

I wonder which of our current loan players invoke financial penalties if they don't play? Based on appearances before he was injured, presumably Parrott?

Lee Trundle

Patron
Interesting insight on our Cat 3 "pathway" of sending lads out to non-league where they don't get games:

RL: "When we get players from other clubs [on loan], we're governed by financial constraints and restrictions on them that they have to more or less play sometimes. Maybe we'll look at [doing that with our outbound loan players] because we don't want any of our youngsters going out and not playing."

Financially penalising cash-strapped non-league clubs who don't want to play our "starlets" for whatever reason doesn't feel like a particularly fantastic policy to me.

I wonder which of our current loan players invoke financial penalties if they don't play? Based on appearances before he was injured, presumably Parrott?

Yeah and to what end?

Like if one of our young players can't get a game for a 7th tier side on merit, I couldn't care less about their game time. They'll be stacking shelves in a year's time anyway.

In my view it's way better for the young lads to play men's football, even if it is a way down the pyramid. Financial penalties just fully disincentivise lower tier sides agreeing to the loan to begin with

ernest

Patron
The lad O'Reilly seems to have some real talent. One possible scenario for the New Year might be that we accept an offer for Johnson and give a deal to this youngster.

Schemer

Patron
The lad O'Reilly seems to have some real talent. One possible scenario for the New Year might be that we accept an offer for Johnson and give a deal to this youngster.
I may be wrong but don't think they're at all similar in style so I can't see him as a replacement for Johnson.

SF

Patron
I may be wrong but don't think they're at all similar in style so I can't see him as a replacement for Johnson.
Yep, O'Reilly is more similar to Ledson by all accounts but will probably never be physical enough for Championship football.

ernest

Patron

Fair enough - I actually don't know enough about him to make that judgement though it does seem that he is a genuine talent. As for Johnson I am not certain that we now get enough out of him to justify him being one of our highest paid players and unless we decide to offer him a new deal on reduced terms it wouldn't surprise me to see him leave in January.

Schemer

Patron
Fair enough - I actually don't know enough about him to make that judgement though it does seem that he is a genuine talent. As for Johnson I am not certain that we now get enough out of him to justify him being one of our highest paid players and unless we decide to offer him a new deal on reduced terms it wouldn't surprise me to see him leave in January.
To be honest, I haven't seen much of O'Reilly either but from what I've read, he's more of a hardworking box to box type rather than a creator like Johnson.

I do agree about Johnson. In general, he's been good for us, if inconsistent at times, but I think it's probably time to let him move on. The trouble is, I can't see us spending money on a quality replacement.

PRS

Manager

Who are the youngsters out on loan not playing games ?

janiejones

I was at Deepdale November 5th 1985
Patron

I understand the loan was going well, he was performing well and PNE were happy with his performances......

Cant say why he is back but it wasn't form or player related.....

As well as Jacob was performing, Lewis is a better player at their respective ages....
I'm currently in Scarborough for the weekend. Got chatting to some Chester fans, they're playing Scarborough today, and they all liked and were impressed with Coulton. They said he 'suddenly disappeared'.
We were reminiscing about Stuart Rimmer and Gary 'Psycho' Bennett. They said Bennett was doing hospitality work at Wrexham. Good set of lads and lasses.

I'm currently in Scarborough for the weekend. Got chatting to some Chester fans, they're playing Scarborough today, and they all liked and were impressed with Coulton. They said he 'suddenly disappeared'.
We were reminiscing about Stuart Rimmer and Gary 'Psycho' Bennett. They said Bennett was doing hospitality work at Wrexham. Good set of lads and lasses.
All down to their 'erratic' manager ..... and PNE not putting up with his antics !

Don't know anything about their manager. Can you put a bit more meat on the bones. Ta.!
cant say too much...... very up and down character (at his previous club too)

lets say he blamed LC for them losing games, even though LC was MOM in some of those and just dropped him from the squad completely....
PNE, who had watched those games and knew LC had played well, told the manager he couldnt have him any longer and so brought LC back...

OP
H

HunterLionheart

Patron

lets say he blamed LC for them losing games, even though LC was MOM in some of those and just dropped him from the squad completely....
PNE, who had watched those games and knew LC had played well, told the manager he couldnt have him any longer and so brought LC back...

Well at least someone was paying attention.

Maybe it's one of those where it's easier to berate the outsider when you know he won't be there all season, to try and scare the lads who will.

Daleman

Manager

Thanks. Sounds like Graham Wesley's love child.,,

llanroc

Patron
Dana Amaral almost scored for the second consecutive game, but Ashton lost 1-0 away at Lancaster.

78’ SO CLOSE! Amaral nearly scores from a cross on the right side of the box but Waller just keeps it out.

janiejones

I was at Deepdale November 5th 1985
Patron
Dana Amaral almost scored for the second consecutive game, but Ashton lost 1-0 away at Lancaster.

78’ SO CLOSE! Amaral nearly scores from a cross on the right side of the box but Waller just keeps it out.
Lancaster on a decent run at the minute in the league, they won at Hyde midweek. They were unlucky to narrowly lose at Chester, last Saturday in the FA Trophy.