PNE Online
Welcome to PNE-Online. Why not register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox! You can also join up as a forum Patron to help support in the running costs of the forum.

Look who scored the winner in U21 Euro Final.....

Hope this doesn't come across as a told you so post, but it was always ridiculous that people said he'd end up in League Two or the non-league.

It was literally his first time playing mens football when he came to PNE. Welbeck and Carroll were shite for us and went on to move for millions and score in international tournaments. You can't judge a young footballer or his career trajectory based on a loan move at 19 years of age.

Hope this doesn't come across as a told you so post, but it was always ridiculous that people said he'd end up in League Two or the non-league.

It was literally his first time playing mens football when he came to PNE. Welbeck and Carroll were shite for us and went on to move for millions and score in international tournaments. You can't judge a young footballer or his career trajectory based on a loan move at 19 years of age.

Should make us wary of 19 year old forward loans? I could see the talent with Carroll tbh, it was all physical obviously but the first touch for his size was there. Agreed, he was poor here. Sepp is pretty remarkable in the respect that he has just got in from day one. Second loan though, he played a year on Holland.

Should make us wary of 19 year old forward loans? I could see the talent with Carroll tbh, it was all physical obviously but the first touch for his size was there. Agreed, he was poor here. Sepp is pretty remarkable in the respect that he has just got in from day one. Second loan though, he played a year on Holland.
Holland wasn’t a loan was it? They signed him after his season there I think.

@Jack Daniels reckons only 2 of those were actually his though
One he did actually hit to be fair but the defender hoofed his attempted clearance high into the net. Contentious. (Rotherham)

The other he didn't even touch, I might as well have claimed the OG from Elmohamady seeing as I was on the TE. (Villa)

I give him 3 at best, no way did he get 4.

Just to clarify, posters on here were saying "Get him back, he'll bag 20 next season with us" etc. My reply was that he wouldn't even hit 10, I just didn't think he was good enough.

Fair play on his obvious improvement. Still, it'll give people a stick to beat me with even though I have replied (twice) and held my hands up (twice).

You can't get every player right. At least I sussed Pringle as one example from the beginning despite the fawning on here.

Well done Nmecha.

I remember someone on here a while back posting...Breaking News, Nmecha's scored. Crippled me, very amusing. Good luck to the lad.

We should be wary of it, but ultimately when it comes to the loan market we don’t have much other choice, due to budgetary constraints. A talented young Prem striker who’s already been out on loan and scored some goals is probably a player we would not pay the necessary loan fee and wages for.

Astonishing comments.....he could not hit a barn door when with us. He's gone on loan to Boro where he did nothing and then a decent German club where he was quicly dropped . He is at last found his feet iplaying in a League only marginally better than the SPL, for the most part , top end Champ standard but for the most part L1 standard. .

He's scored in a diminished U21 competiiton (all the better U21 splayers are currently with the senior |Euro sides) and suddenly for some this vindicates/ proves he was always a good player.

Astonishing comments.....he could not hit a barn door when with us. He's gone on loan to Boro where he did nothing and then a decent German club where he was quicly dropped . He is at last found his feet iplaying in a League only marginally better than the SPL, for the most part , top end Champ standard but for the most part L1 standard. .

He's scored in a diminished U21 competiiton (all the better U21 splayers are currently with the senior |Euro sides) and suddenly for some this vindicates/ proves he was always a good player.

Inconsistency is Kind of part and parcel of being a young player. He did well for us out wide in the second half of his spell. Probably the last player we had genuinely capable of beating a fullback.

I'd bite your hand off for a 22 year old who has bagged 21 goals in the Belgian League and 12 in 20 for Germany U21.

Even though I dont think he will ever be an out and out striker at the top level, I reckon he's got a very good career as a second striker or wide forward ahead of him