Lord Edgingtons "Get Rich Slowly" Stocks and shares bonanza

jakehake

Preachs PA
Staff member
Patron
I'm trying to sell them LiS ... I want rid and it's a bloody nightmare.. I had a real person on the phone this morning but not a rep of " Link " ... just a third party. If I can eventually shift these shares I certainly won't be getting involved again but thanks for taking the time to advise.

Are they regulated by any industry body you can approach, is it just one particular companies shares or a bunch of companies but one broker that has become the issue?

Liberation

Forum Patron
Patron
Are they regulated by any industry body you can approach, is it just one particular companies shares or a bunch of companies but one broker that has become the issue?

It's " Link " ...They represent a large number of companies ... My shares are Volex who have no interest in their own shares.. Mad innit? :)

jakehake

Preachs PA
Staff member
Patron
It's " Link " ...They represent a large number of companies ... My shares are Volex who have no interest in their own shares.. Mad innit? :)

If they really are being a pain then maybe doing something like LiS suggests and get them to transfer the shares to another broker and then you trade them out of there yourself possibly. Hassle and not what you want but if someone like Hargreaves/AJ Bell can take the burden of extricating them Link at least. Also the £50 a trade fee seems ridiculous if that's what Link charge

LostinSpace

Exile
Staff member
Patron
If they really are being a pain then maybe doing something like LiS suggests and get them to transfer the shares to another broker and then you trade them out of there yourself possibly. Hassle and not what you want but if someone like Hargreaves/AJ Bell can take the burden of extricating them Link at least. Also the £50 a trade fee seems ridiculous if that's what Link charge
At the very least, I'd ask Hargreaves Lansdown or AJ Bell for advice. If you open an account with them, they might handle the transfer for you.