Louis Moult wanted by Luton

rem

Forum Patron
Patron
Still being rumoured that Luton would like to sign him on the summer.
I hope not because I don’t think we have seen the best of him yet.

Schofe

Reserve
Got to applaud Luton for coming back from the seemingly abyss. They must also feel hard done to watching Bolton get away with not getting point deductions when their financial situation is as bad if not worse than theirs was!

llanroc

Forum Patron
Patron
The original rumour came from Alan Nixon, and he’s followed it up today with an article that Luton may be back in for Moult in the summer.

Motion Man

Forum Patron
Patron
Alan Nixon isn’t usually that far off and I’d speculate from this that either AN may consider moving him on or Moult wants to be at a club where’s he’s first choice. Probably too soon for the latter so would go for the former.

sedgwick__7

First Team
He'll still have 2 years left on his contract in the summer, so it's not like we'll be in a dilemma whether to offer him an extension or cash in whilst there's still value, given that we paid 400k for him.

So I doubt PNE will be looking to push him out of the door, but with Stockley and Maguire looking good he may have to move to start regularly. We all know Maguire could get injured again though and we'd probably have to add another decent squad striker if we sold Moult.

kingpne

First Team
I like him. He's been very good this season, but I think he may be told in summer that his game time may be limited. We certainly wouldn't push him out the door, but definitely wouldn't stand in his way if an offer came where he'd start every week, providing we had a replacement lined up (imo).

Having said that, I don't think Luton would be able to afford his wages anyway.

Preston1880

Forum Patron
Patron
We'd be daft to let him go, IMO.

We've seen how effective a confident Moult can be. He had just started to believe in himself, was playing well, scoring goals....then suffered the initial injury.

Get him fit, pumped full of self-belief that he can do the business at this level, and he'll be a real asset for next season.

sf

Manager
I'd want to keep him but he strikes me as someone who wants to play week in, week out and I don't think PNE can guarantee that. Injuries haven't helped though.

Agree though, I doubt Luton could match what he's on here.

llanroc

Forum Patron
Patron
Moult can now play in the style that AN wants him to play in. It takes some players a while to adapt to AN’s system, and it would be foolish imo to let a promising player who can play in our system to be replaced by an unknown quantity that may not be able to grasp playing in our system.

It took Robbo a while for the penny to drop and Horgan never really got to grips with it.

Moult is a good player and I would like to think he has a good future with PNE.

John T

Reserve
At the moment he is our third striker behind Maguire and Stockley, Nmecha has shown some nice touches at times but looks lost in this Division, and anyway he will be going back with Barker at the end of the season

Three strikers is not too many to have given Injuries and suspensions, so if Moult does leave we will IMO need another in the summer.
As Moult has not really had a chance to fully settle yet, don’t see the point in letting him go, Unless the Manager has seen something we haven’t in training

kingpne

First Team
At the moment he is our third striker behind Maguire and Stockley, Nmecha has shown some nice touches at times but looks lost in this Division, and anyway he will be going back with Barker at the end of the season

Three strikers is not too many to have given Injuries and suspensions, so if Moult does leave we will IMO need another in the summer.
As Moult has not really had a chance to fully settle yet, don’t see the point in letting him go, Unless the Manager has seen something we haven’t in training
Harsh. Perhaps an unpopular view, but I'd have him back next season. Would never happen, though. He'll be off abroad or to somewhere like Derby where he'll score 20.

pbc373

Forum Patron
Patron
Harsh. Perhaps an unpopular view, but I'd have him back next season. Would never happen, though. He'll be off abroad or to somewhere like Derby where he'll score 20.
I'm with you on this, but then again I always liked Browne and Robinson

He just seemed to be finding his feet before the injury .
Is he actually still injured (thought him and Davies were at similar recuperation levels) or is AN just not picking him for the matchday squad?

Minty pne

Forum Patron
Patron
He just seemed to be finding his feet before the injury .
Is he actually still injured (thought him and Davies were at similar recuperation levels) or is AN just not picking him for the matchday squad?
Injured his hamstring in the warm up of a game. Stoke I think it was.

Tino

Forum Patron
Patron
I would as well. I think the injury situation meant he played a lot more than expected early on and certainly took time to settle. But I’ve said many times before he’s doing his learning this season and will smash loads in next time he goes on loan.