PNE Online
Welcome to PNE-Online. Why not register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox! You can also join up as a forum Patron to help support in the running costs of the forum.

Lowe

The mighty Burnley and the mighty Plymouth getting 5 goals stuck past them on the same day.
No doubt the Plymouth manager played a weakened team that he thought would be good enough to get the job done.

Got to respect the opposition. North End lost cup games due to managers thinking they were tactical geniuses.

No doubt the Plymouth manager played a weakened team that he thought would be good enough to get the job done.

Got to respect the opposition. North End lost cup games due to managers thinking they were tactical geniuses.
Nope. Full strength

We were willing to do a deal to bring him in on loan but wouldn’t commit to a significant transfer fee or anything other than a short term deal. Effectively the ‘Archer money’ was available to do a loan deal for CR but nothing more. As soon as Cardiff made their offer we were stuffed.

Yes, the refusal to sign anyone (other than Woodman) on anything more than a 1-year deal or a loan is quite telling about what our budget will be after this season.

If we don't reward a few of our warriors who have earned new contracts soon, morale will plummet and heads will be turned ahead of Summer. Deckchairs will be out earlier than ever.

Must admit I’m not totally sold on RL he’s talks a good game but so did Westley that said you can’t judge him properly when he clearly hasn’t been backed by our “want away” board and we’re currently sitting in 6th place after 3 good wins so let’s see what he can really do when or if he can bring in the players he needs to play his system .

I don’t mind a manager who talks a good game as long as they can back it up with good results. Lowe is. Westley didn’t. There is the difference.

Yes he came and talked about attack with 6 and defend with 4 etc and that hasn’t quite happened. But he’s adapted and rather than go all out attack he’s turned us into a more defence minded side. Yes it’s a boring but we don’t have the ‘attack minded’ players that people would like us to have to play that style. It’s also getting results.

Must admit I’m not totally sold on RL he’s talks a good game but so did Westley that said you can’t judge him properly when he clearly hasn’t been backed by our “want away” board and we’re currently sitting in 6th place after 3 good wins so let’s see what he can really do when or if he can bring in the players he needs to play his system .
you compared the 2 managers.... how do you compare their 1st year in the job ???

Yes, the refusal to sign anyone (other than Woodman) on anything more than a 1-year deal or a loan is quite telling about what our budget will be after this season.

If we don't reward a few of our warriors who have earned new contracts soon, morale will plummet and heads will be turned ahead of Summer. Deckchairs will be out earlier than ever.
It’s more the fact that the deckchairs will be set out and rearranged on the Titanic (figuratively speaking), that is my primary concern. The ownership need to recognise that player contracts can be assets as well as liabilities….

I think they made 5 changes from the league game against Exeter.

I don’t mind a manager who talks a good game as long as they can back it up with good results. Lowe is. Westley didn’t. There is the difference.

Yes he came and talked about attack with 6 and defend with 4 etc and that hasn’t quite happened. But he’s adapted and rather than go all out attack he’s turned us into a more defence minded side. Yes it’s a boring but we don’t have the ‘attack minded’ players that people would like us to have to play that style. It’s also getting results.
for a fella ribbletonian you love flappping your gums its my opinion only time will tell chill the fuck out

Still an utterly embarrassing result. Not like they had a squad full of youngsters. Looks like Schumacher isn’t the god many of our fans seem to think he is
I think they had 1 youngster starting, and then 2 regulars off injured in the 1st half.

It was a poor result for them, but I don't think it will change peoples minds given how well they are doing in the league.

for a fella ribbletonian you love flappping your gums its my opinion only time will tell chill the fuck out

Which post of mine seems angry. You expressed your opinion I expressed mine. Think it’s you who needs to ‘chill the fuck out.’

But if you want me to be a bit of a knob about it comparing Lowe with westley is one of the most pathetic things I’ve ever read.

I think they had 1 youngster starting, and then 2 regulars off injured in the 1st half.

It was a poor result for them, but I don't think it will change peoples minds given how well they are doing in the league.

Change peoples minds on what? That Lowe is struggling without Schumacher?

They replaced Whittaker for a youngster, Grant replaced Bali Mumba but had to be replaced by him 15 minutes in, top scorer Ryan Hardie for Ennis. Apart from that, everyone else plays regularly in the league for them

I bet if we’d lost 5-1 to Lincoln with a squad full of first teamers, you wouldn’t be saying “it’s a poor result”.