PNE Online
Welcome to PNE-Online. Why not register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox! You can also join up as a forum Patron to help support in the running costs of the forum.

Lowe

He talks about his and Lowes time at Plymouth and hinted that teams last season had sussed out the way they played and it had become a bit predictable especially against the top six teams. A bit one dimensional even when they brought subs on. He said about learning from last season and bringing in players this year that would get goals from different parts of the pitch and they could change tactics a bit.

Just seen Plymouth are top of League 1. Made me worry as to who was really the driving force there when Lowe was there. Wasn't Schumacher his number 2 ? 👀👀

Ridsdale picked the wrong scouser when he went knocking at Plymouths door, he should of come back with the assistant.

Ridsdale picked the wrong scouser when he went knocking at Plymouths door, he should of come back with the assistant.
Well thats what their fans are saying, Lowe is a good manager, i’ve no doubt about that. Would I prefer Schumacher? Yes! Does it really matter? No, because no manager in the land could do much with this set of players.

PR said its a miracle we were able to get these players in without spending a penny on transfer fee’s, how did our money dry up then? Just how small was that budget?

I'd take a punt on Jonathan Woodgate if he's available.
I don't know why people just bang-on and on and on about

"RINSE AND REPEAT"

It's NOT the current manager.

It WASN'T the last manager.

It's the lack of money : the lack of investment, the lack of Senior Administrative Skills at the Club.
It's been like this for a Decade or so.

No half-decent guy is going to come to Deepdale when it dawns on them how much they have to do with the Existing Staff, and the funds for New Staff, and the Junior / Youth set-ups.

Please please please stop this speculative , well Bollocks , tbh.

Well thats what their fans are saying, Lowe is a good manager, i’ve no doubt about that. Would I prefer Schumacher? Yes! Does it really matter? No, because no manager in the land could do much with this set of players.

PR said its a miracle we were able to get these players in without spending a penny on transfer fee’s, how did our money dry up then? Just how small was that budget?

Obviously not big enough for the four players that Lowe was promised........... And that includes all the savings with shaving the squad... Just like Ingol, we've all had the wool pulled over our eyes again but this time it doesn't wash unless you are a complete idiot...

" We'll match any other Championship offer for Archer ".... " we are in for Robinson "...... We are in for Gray ... et al

Pull the other one it's got bells on it... The budget is irrelevant but the porkies aren't... :)

Bollocks to that. It’s not a kindergarten - he needs to deliver or fuck off back to Spurs
Twenty years old. How old was that Arsenal lad the other day then ?

Tbh that's my main - by far - criticism of Lowe...how he doesn't help Bring-On any of Our Junior Players - that's the Players who won lots & lots of Silverware just last season.

He could do a lot worse than try 442

Brown storey Lindsay hughes
Potts McCann whiteman Fernandez
Riis Parrot
Only just reading this thread, and not sure what comes after but apart from swapping Potts and Browne around i wouldn't disagree with this.
Potts spends a lot of time on defensive duties and can get forward so i don't see why he wouldn't make a decent RB.
Browney, whether he likes it or not does not command or grasp central midfield anywhere near enough to warrant a place in that position but is mobile and energetic enough to play right side, which he should concentrate on. He has abilities but is not technical enough to dictate play.
As in many walks in life people/players don't want to be what they are and what they are good at but want to be something they are not.
Que Cera serra!
Life and Football is cyclical and 4-4-2 will make a comeback. So many Teams want to play 3-5-2 but just don't have the personnel and end up playing the defensive 5-3-2 (5-3-1-1)

You also can't have a manager who refuses to change system even when he doesn't have the tools. This is very Darren Ferguson.
A true and honest shot at Lowe.

Lowe has to be flexible , be adaptive in this division - this is an unforgiving League and he . is . getting . sussed . out for his predictability of tactics when the guys he needs & wants  still don't play for PNE.

Until such time as he has the players who can do what he wants them to do , he's gotta make do with playing the players who can do certain stuff, but can't do other stuff.

So it's got to be a gradual transition, to his ideal side. I'll give it FOUR seasons, with this being Season #1. It would be sooner if they gave RL a reasonable budget- that's one that would be in line with an Average Budget of the other 23 Clubs.

In the meantime, in the Real World, he must play to the strengths of the existing squad & match his tactics to what that squad can do , playing against - Very Often - other squads with Superior Skill -Sets.

Have we really been on holiday for most of this break rather than in training? What have they done to deserve a rest so far this season?