PNE Online
Welcome to PNE-Online. Why not register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox! You can also join up as a forum Patron to help support in the running costs of the forum.

Lukas Nmecha enigma

Hmm.

I was at Pearson's debut at Bristol City and posted on another forum that he was the standout player and reminded me of Gregan in that he'd be a massive fan favourite for his big tackling. @sf replied saying "if he's half as good as Gregan he'll be a top player for us"

So despite your weird attempt to gloat about it, you weren't the first to recognise his talent, sorry to disappoint.

I love Gregan.

But forget half the player, Pearson is better than he was.

Doesn't have the same leadership qualities though.

I like Nmecha and think he will go on to have a very good career in the Prem. Much better out wide than through the middle though.

What I don’t understand is the love-in with Nmecha, he is a young kid, he’s on loan, he will never sign for us, he has had two thirds of a season and has scored only two/non , depending on your view, goals for us, why would PNE fans care one way or another how good he may or may not be? Or am I missing something?

What love-in?

The guy has received pelters game after game ever since he signed. He's only 20. Probably still lives at home ffs. Give him a break.

Yeah, not slating an inexperienced striker and acknowledging potential isn't a love-in.

If it is then it certainly isn't as extreme as the hate-in on here.

I’m not having a go at him Mr King, I just don’t understand why there is such a debate about him, he could be great in two or three years, but what we needed is someone who is a bit more productive for these times if we are to make that final step.

I’m not having a go at him Mr King, I just don’t understand why there is such a debate about him, he could be great in two or three years, but what we needed is someone who is a bit more productive for these times if we are to make that final step.

Those players cost £1m-£2m just to loan for the year.

Harry Wilson, Sam Gallagher, Tammy Abraham...

Don't think anyone is disagreeing with that. But Nmecha, with the ball at his feet, is a special player. He's got a great touch, and can breeze past players with ease. He needs to work on a lot of things, for sure, especially if he wants to be a centre forward, and he shouldn't have been leading the line as much as he should have done (needs must, I guess).

As a young player it's very common to hide on the pitch, just not wanting to fuck up. He plays with no fear, which is exciting to watch.

He'd be a massive coup for us if we could get him back for next season.

He's got unbelievable potential, and I think he's getting closer and closer to realising that potential.

The way he twisted the Forest players inside out last week, is something we haven't seen from a PNE player since McGeady.

Next season, he'll be our version of Tammy Abraham, Harry Wilson etc.

Neil, Ridsdale, Trev, whoever is watching..... get him tied down for next season, sharpish. Trust.

Don't think anyone is disagreeing with that. But Nmecha, with the ball at his feet, is a special player. He's got a great touch, and can breeze past players with ease. He needs to work on a lot of things, for sure, especially if he wants to be a centre forward, and he shouldn't have been leading the line as much as he should have done (needs must, I guess).

As a young player it's very common to hide on the pitch, just not wanting to fuck up. He plays with no fear, which is exciting to watch.

I'd pretty much agree with this - he's obviously got the raw tools but doesn't yet know how to apply them at senior level. Watch his highlights video from before he joined us and look at how he plays, dropping wide and deep all the time. At junior level skill and pace allow you to make your own chances but at senior level you have to be awesome to do that and he isn't at the present time. Still a good player and he can make things happen but he isn't a natural penalty box player so goals are going to be tough to come by.

Do you have a taste for the outrageous or something? Where on Earth have you got this tosh from? He was one of the best left backs in the league when he was with us and would probably remain so were he to be relegated with Cardiff.

If you’re going to make a claim, at least make sure it’s substantiated.
OK, if you insist.....please allow me to direct you to the 'tosh' on the thread entitled 'Greg Cunningham' where you will see that at least three posters within the thread gave their various 'outrageous' reasons why they would not have Cunningham (or other ex players for that matter) back. Their opinions then get picked up on later in the thread by another forum member as something that he finds surprising. For the record, I would have Cunningham back in a flash. Have I substantiated enough for you here?

Eh? every single person in that thread said they'd love him back but all acknowledge we could never afford him.

Everyone was also desperate to get McGeady back.
Point a) not true, read the thread.
Point b) not quite true - everyone was desperate for us to keep him for longer while he was actually still here. Once he went, the opinions changed quite considerably.

Point a) not true, read the thread.
Point b) not quite true - everyone was desperate for us to keep him for longer while he was actually still here. Once he went, the opinions changed quite considerably.

So you saying Preston fans on here wouldn't touch Greg Cunningham with a barge pole is true?

OK, if you insist.....please allow me to direct you to the 'tosh' on the thread entitled 'Greg Cunningham' where you will see that at least three posters within the thread gave their various 'outrageous' reasons why they would not have Cunningham (or other ex players for that matter) back. Their opinions then get picked up on later in the thread by another forum member as something that he finds surprising. For the record, I would have Cunningham back in a flash. Have I substantiated enough for you here?

Some people do say no, but not on the grounds that he’s shit now because he’s not playing for PNE, an assumption which you tried to use as the foundation of your overall argument. They say no simply because we’ve moved on now and the sentimentality of re-signing one of the left-backs we’ve ever had should not supersede the unity we have within our squad at the moment.

As I say, you seem to have a taste for the outrageous where you like to make bold claims in an effort to be heard. You just come across as daft to be honest.

It’s like AN not having the ‘foresight’ to leave a sub spare to account for Maxwell’s possible dismissal all over again.

I thought you couldn’t remember what posters had posted the day before never mind a few months ago. Bit of a hypocrite if you ask me

So. We now have this laughable situation where YOU can GUARANTEE thiat things will happen in the footballing future. But other folk like myself 'know fuck all' about football? And you say they 'know fuck all' because they have an opinion that is different to yours.
You seem to be confusing the words 'constructive' with 'supportive'. Yes, support Nmecha all you want on the forum - many do, and so have I in several previous posts. But on a thread entitled 'LUKAS Nmecha enigma' I will post my thoughts about him. If they are not the same thoughts as yours, fine and dandy, but please don't claim you can see into the future as a way of trying to prove you are correct and I am wrong. You can't guarantee anything in football.
But I can. I guarantee that when we send Nmecha back to City, as soon as it is considered safe to do so (this is usually about two weeks on here) there will be a flood of posts announcing he was rubbish or no thanks, we don't want him back. Just as happened with , Ooooohh, let's think, (scratches chin and stares upwards) Adam Reach. Aiden McGeady. Callum Robinson when he finished his first spell with us, to name but three. How many, now he is no longer at PNE will still say Stevie May is a good player, for example? It's the same story always. Greg Cunningham, incredibly, in less than twelve months, has gone from being the best left back we've ever had to someone we now wouldn't touch with a bargepole on this forum.
By the way, if you really can guarantee anything in the future, please let me send you my Acca predictions for the weekend and tell me which ones to change. Thanks Whitey, lad.

A flood of posts? Get over yourself mr high and mighty. There may be one or two slagging them off as there will be with any club. But the vast majority gave praise to mcgeady, Cunningham etc. You talk some right shite. Most wanted mcgeady back until the Sunderland game and to
Be fair I wouldn’t have wanted him
Back after that celebration. I’m not claiming I’m right and your wrong. But someone can still can express an opinion but I can still disagree with that opinion. Why can some people still not realise that.
Some people are guaranteeing he will be in league one or two next season so why can’t I guarantee he’ll have a good prem career
I also though you couldn’t remember what people post yesterday never mind a few years ago. Hypocrite warning.

Likewise. I always appear to be in the minority on this but I just don’t get him at all
As a striker me neither, seems a much better fit out wide with his tricks and modern day stuff.
We are right now scoring goals of which the stats tell us he hadn't really made much of a contribution towards which does offer maybe a little more time and patience to see where he best fits.
I guess the issue is he is a loanee and no doubt will return to city and be sold for a sum much more than our small provincial club can even dream of ?