PNE Online
Welcome to PNE-Online. Why not register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox! You can also join up as a forum Patron to help support in the running costs of the forum.

Madeline

Well I ended up in a children’s home. Not through my behaviour or anything, Was down to other reasons. The one I ended up in was on Carr street (which is no longer there) and my brother was in a different one in marl hill crescent. Being in that situation made me a stronger person in views and other ways to do with emotion. It’s only recently I’ve actually had tears over watching things on tv. I do remember being allowed to stay up to watch England v Belgium at Italia 90. That winner from David Platt 😮.

I was in the care system too though not in a home. It wasn’t fun but, I agree It makes you stronger.

Sorry to hear that pal.😕

The reason why me and my brother ended up in care was down to my mum getting sent to prison, The reason for that was down to her fella she ended up with. But get this she got 18 months for receiving and handling stolen goods. I’ve never known my father and never want to to be fair after he put my mum through a patio glass door! Anyway my brother had a different father and his father refused to take us in. But hey that’s life I suppose and I do have a lot of bitterness, My mother passed away at the age of 47 back in 2006.But there’s no way I would ever leave any kids on there own while I went for dinner. They have to love with that for the rest of their life.

Well I ended up in a children’s home. Not through my behaviour or anything, Was down to other reasons. The one I ended up in was on Carr street (which is no longer there) and my brother was in a different one in marl hill crescent. Being in that situation made me a stronger person in views and other ways to do with emotion. It’s only recently I’ve actually had tears over watching things on tv. I do remember being allowed to stay up to watch England v Belgium at Italia 90. That winner from David Platt 😮.
I must be a fair bit older NW, because I remember watching that match in a sweltering bar in Corfu on a gang-of-lads holiday when I was about 25. The bar went mental when Platt scored.

The reason why me and my brother ended up in care was down to my mum getting sent to prison, The reason for that was down to her fella she ended up with. But get this she got 18 months for receiving and handling stolen goods. I’ve never known my father and never want to to be fair after he put my mum through a patio glass door! Anyway my brother had a different father and his father refused to take us in. But hey that’s life I suppose and I do have a lot of bitterness, My mother passed away at the age of 47 back in 2006.But there’s no way I would ever leave any kids on there own while I went for dinner. They have to love with that for the rest of their life.
Jesus!😔

Don't even know what to say to all that NW.

Hope you’ve found happiness now👍🏻

I bet you are / will be a fantastic parent and for sure are better equipped than many to deal with what life throws at you

I can only image what it was like for you and @NorthWestern
It’s good you can share your experiences to people like myself who had very different childhood experiences

I‘m really glad you did edgy, every child should feel loved and secure, sadly that’s not always the case. I wish neglectful and selfish/thoughtless parents knew the lasting damage they were causing their children for life, Im 68 now and still to this day cry or get angry or both at my childhood. I always try to concentrate on how lucky and happy my life has been since I was 40, for that I smile and give thanks daily. I hope North Western and his brother are now happy too.

Some really interesting views and insights into peoples family memories
For me as parents we always wanted the kids to eat with us at night, spending many hours away from the kids I always wanted to do the converse on holiday so effectively when we got to bed so did they.
I do find the location of the bedroom so near to a street, an open pathway with a window and out of the view of the group a little difficult to take on board but I may just be a bit risk averse ?
Non of this is relevant if she was tragically taken but becomes a discussion if not. And there’s the thing. We just don’t know, we take shreds of evidence and try to form a view - sometimes and possibly in my case a little clouded

Yes, a holiday for me when my son was a child was simply about the 3 of us being together at all times - insulated from the world if you like. I think I miss those times more than anything else.

I‘m really glad you did edgy, every child should feel loved and secure, sadly that’s not always the case. I wish neglectful and selfish/thoughtless parents knew the lasting damage they were causing their children for life, Im 68 now and still to this day cry or get angry or both at my childhood. I always try to concentrate on how lucky and happy my life has been since I was 40, for that I smile and give thanks daily. I hope North Western and his brother are now happy too.
I didn’t say mine was great my friend
Just different from yours
I know how much your family means to you and that comes as no surprise listening to how your formative years were for you

I didn’t say mine was great my friend
Just different from yours
I know how much your family means to you and that comes as no surprise listening to how your formative years were for you

Thank edgy and sorry for making assumptions, I hope That whatever your past was, the current and future are very happy. You are a genuinely lovely person. (Mind your use of a butler grates On my working class roots to be fair:p).