PNE Online
Welcome to PNE-Online. Why not register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox! You can also join up as a forum Patron to help support in the running costs of the forum.

Man City

Did anything ever come of Madrid's iffy land deal with their training facility and essentially getting state funding? Think something was happening at the back end of last year but not sure how it turned out

Ah... so might I need them both to lose then?!

Same old for them in the CL. They don’t seem to just lose, they crash out. Have conceded 3 or 4 goals to Monaco, Liverpool, Tottenham and Lyon whenever they’ve gone out in the past 4 years.

Consistently open to counter attacks in knock out games and concede goals in quick fire bursts.

It doesn’t detract from the fact that Guardiola is still one of the greatest coaches ever but he has definitely failed in Europe with Bayern and City and has a serious blind spot with his tactical approach to knockout games.

I didn’t watch tonight as I don’t subscribe to BBC but LMAO when I saw the result! :ROFLMAO:

1991 was the last year there were no clubs in the semi final of The EuropeanCup/Champions League from either Italy, Spain or England

Any takers for who they were?

1991 was the last year there were no clubs in the semi final of The EuropeanCup/Champions League from either Italy, Spain or England

Any takers for who they were?

Complete guess, Bayern Munich, steau Bucharest, Monaco, sporting Lisbon.

That is quite something.

Well not really. They play for teams that are virtually guaranteed to be in the Champions League year-on-year such is the state of the Spanish League. Plus they play (or played for in Ronaldo's case) teams that have the financial muscle to compete with the Premier League - even the great Milan sides can't do that at the moment.

Half of London laughing at city, last night, now half of Manchester are laughing at Utd.

Bit off topic, but Man City related.

City have announced David Silva will get a statue outside the ground. When you consider most football greats have one (Lofthouse, Finney, Best, Arndale, Bobby Robson etc) Would you say he's worthy of one? I suppose it also poses the question of where do you stop with this? Should Aguero, Kompany, Yaya Toure also now have one?

Last edited: