PNE Online
Welcome to PNE-Online. Why not register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox! You can also join up as a forum Patron to help support in the running costs of the forum.

Man City

Let's be honest, all top managers spend money like kids in a sweet shop. Non have ever really had to survive on a shoestring.

I dont mind him spending it, my issue is that he went on and on about how spending money like that was wrong and then did it anyway

They’ll appeal and it’ll be overturned in the same way AC Milan had their ban overturned. The £30 million will probably stick but that’s just loose change to their owners.

City can't possibly be the only ones. I hope for all the clubs cheating the system to be taken to task.

5th spot would get the Champions League spot if City lose their appeal. But what if the team in 5th place wins the Europa League? Does 6th place then get into the Champions League?

Ramifications of this, for Man city, are enormous.

This from the blue moon forum.

EQxHnWwWkAcpCcl

The email

EQw1rXpXkAA8V5G

A really interesting thread from Nick Harris, well worth a read.

I dont mind him spending it, my issue is that he went on and on about how spending money like that was wrong and then did it anyway

I think there's a difference between just throwing cash around willy nilly and using it effectively. Plus earnings from outgoing transfers have to be taken into account. When he allowed Coutinho to leave for Barcelona for a fee reported to be £105 million his judgement was questioned. How can you win a league title while selling off your best players?

Well no one could question his judgement now and when you subtract that fee from his outgoings he has been relatively frugal in comparison to much EPL spending. His spending since arriving at Liverpool stands at around £400 million while he has recovered around £320 million on outgoing transfers.

Add on to that the fact he has delivered a Champions league trophy and certain to add a league title I think he has done very well indeed on all fronts. Including relatively frugal spending when it's matched with outgoing transfers and major trophy success.

I thought City fans were not bothered about Champions league. They boo the UEFA theme tune when it comes on and they don’t always sell out the group games.