Patron
Matchday.png

1628527154338.png
1880badge.png

Mansfield Town v Preston North End
Tuesday 10th August 2021 , Kick Off P7:45M
League Cup 1st Round
Field Mill
Any links or requests for illegal streaming will be deleted.

Last edited:

Jack Daniels

PNE-ONLINE Boxing Expert.
Staff member
Patron
Which route are people going tonight? Woodhead pass or M62?

Questioning my sanity as to what I'm doing 😂
Best win because I'm off work week comm 24th and R2 is that week so Home or Away, I'll be going.

Safe driving Jimmy. (y)

york white

Advisor to the Owner
I'd go full strength and try and win, give these useless chumps some confidence.
Not happening. We are making wholesale changes, Mansfield making a few. Normally I would be looking forward to players trying to make a name for themselves but based on pre-season efforts it could be a difficult night.

I'd like to see JRG start up front but I suspect it will be square peg Potts in the round hole striker berth.

Tino

Forum Patron
Patron
Which route are people going tonight? Woodhead pass or M62?

Questioning my sanity as to what I'm doing 😂

Depends if you're bothered about time or miles... If the M62 is clear that's obviously the quickest way but more miles.

If you've plenty of time then leave a bit earlier and drop off the M60 near Stockport and head towards Chesterfield and then on to Mansfield. I went that way to Chesterfield a few years back and it's a decent enough drive. And probably 25 miles less than going on the motorway

Dreyfuss

Forum Patron
Patron
Yes, and also I'm hoping that FM will be looking to work out his best team, style of play and formation.
After the way AN treated cup competitions, I think Frankie will follow suit so I'm fully expecting eleven changes tonight.

If that means Harrop and Bayliss pulling the strings in midfield and Ripley in goal I can't see us keeping a clean sheet or winning a penalty shootout.

HunterLionheart

Forum Patron
Patron
Not happening. We are making wholesale changes, Mansfield making a few. Normally I would be looking forward to players trying to make a name for themselves but based on pre-season efforts it could be a difficult night.

I'd like to see JRG start up front but I suspect it will be square peg Potts in the round hole striker berth.

This sounds accurate.

26-0

Forum Patron
Patron
After the way AN treated cup competitions, I think Frankie will follow suit so I'm fully expecting eleven changes tonight.

If that means Harrop and Bayliss pulling the strings in midfield and Ripley in goal I can't see us keeping a clean sheet or winning a penalty shootout.

Not sure he can afford to do that.

He must find a successful formula for our League campaign as soon as he possibly can so I see this as a key match to help with that. Otherwise a wasted opportunity.

Had we played well and won on Saturday, and we did neither, then he’d have had the luxury tonight of resting some of his first team players and experimenting with the younger and fringe players.

HunterLionheart

Forum Patron
Patron
Not sure he can afford to do that.

He must find a successful formula for our League campaign as soon as he possibly can so I see this as a key match to help with that. Otherwise a wasted opportunity.

Had we played well and won on Saturday, and we did neither, then he’d have had the luxury tonight of resting some of his first team players and experimenting with the younger and fringe players.

See it as the opposite. Here s the chance to stake a claim over the underperformers.

richiepne25

Forum Patron
Patron
I actually think he’ll play a strong team bar maybe one or two. If we’d have won on Saturday he’d have made more changes tonight but I don’t think he can afford to lose now. He’ll be going for the win to avoid a pressure build up so early in the season.

LostinSpace

Exile
Staff member
Patron

If he does that I'll be really pissed off. OK, I can understand that cup competitions aren't the biggest priority, but he needs to use this match to prepare for Saturday.

Yan89

Forum Patron
Patron
I think he’ll play 7 or 8 of his first 11 - really think we need the game sense & cohesion

SF

Advisor to the Owner
On second thoughts, it might be better if we lose tonight, not sure these players can put effort in, or try twice in one week.

Lee Trundle

Forum Patron
Patron
Extract from the Mansfield forum:
Preston North End stadium capacity, Over 23-000 all seater [ checked it ] est squad value over 31 million, they have got 20 players worth in excess of over £500-000
to many for me to name them all, and that does not take in Ched Evans a nasty aggressive player,
Clough will relish this contest and only knocks or injuries will be missing, players would rather play than train, [no contest ]
Having been humiliated at home on Sat, they will be hurting, and both teams will want to win, should be another cracker.
OK players== Iversen, Rudd, Sepp Vanden Berg, Beaver, Storey, Lindsey, Cunningham, Hughes, Raffety, Browne, Johnson, Ledson, Whiteman, Bayliss, Potts, Sinclaire, Barknuizev,
Brown, Maguire, Rils. We can do it £28 million not a big gap, 3 bad buys at their level and we are in

Estimates our squad value at £31m, clearly forgot his decimal point.

Do we even have 2 players worth more than £500k