PNE Online
Welcome to PNE-Online. Why not register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox! You can also join up as a forum Patron to help support in the running costs of the forum.

Marcus Rashford and the curious case of the PR Team/online abuse

hqdefault.jpg

"officers are examining CCTV and forensic evidence from the spray paint used". What utter nonsense. It wasn't even racist, it was just some angry idiots doing what they do. Never, ever heard of the Police analysing spray paint graffiti before. Very silly and very worrying. Marcus Rashford is now in danger of becoming a living saint which if he doesn't watch out, is going to seriously damage his career.
May be cottoning on to that by leaving his management team.

He’s a talented player, and still young. Needs to focus on being a player rather than a brand. He’ll turn himself into a brand with success on the pitch.

A nation celebrates as "undeserved racial abuse" against a young adult is downgraded to "undeserved abuse". Everyone quietly gets back to looking the other way.

What it means is that Twitter and the virtuous Britain hating mob immediately jumped on the graffiti as racist and made the story blow out of all proportions. So much so a crowd whipped up by far left agitators turned up at the mural and held a vigil of sorts.

But the graffiti wasn’t even racist.

The graffiti was labelled as racist as a PR stunt to draw more attention to Rashford and sympathy towards him.

Just look through some of the tributes, you’d think the bloke died. Instead he literally just missed a penalty.

Just saw Saka has been given the freedom of his town. Joke. Rewarding a player for missing a do or die penalty, not scoring, missing.

Along with knighting Southgate for bottling 3 tournaments in a row, could well be the reason we’ve won fuck all for 55 years.

"officers are examining CCTV and forensic evidence from the spray paint used". What utter nonsense. It wasn't even racist, it was just some angry idiots doing what they do. Never, ever heard of the Police analysing spray paint graffiti before. Very silly and very worrying. Marcus Rashford is now in danger of becoming a living saint which if he doesn't watch out, is going to seriously damage his career.
What did the graffiti say? Genuine question.

A nation celebrates as "undeserved racial abuse" against a young adult is downgraded to "undeserved abuse". Everyone quietly gets back to looking the other way.
Not sure anyone's looking the other way. A wrong deed has certainly been done.

But if we were all led by the nose to the racist conclusion, then we're all as bad as each other - not allowing the full facts to emerge before making our judgements. As soon as someone shouts racism, it has to be true and the world jumps on it.

If it's not racist, what the hell is the media doing, allowing this story to be perpetrated? I suppose time will tell.

According to the media:

The word “f***” was scrawled over the huge artwork and the words “s***” and “b******” were also written beside the word “Sancho”.

I mean, that just sounds like your run of the mill idiot, not a racist attack.

Not sure how to react to this, whilst the racist abuse is absolutely disgusting and any one found to be doing it should be dealt with accordingly, the British media announced to the world that racist abuse had been sprayed on to this wall. Now it turns out it wasn't racist at all, and given it's origins, possibly not even written by an England fan.

https://www.balls.ie/uncategorized/behold-the-greatest-phrase-in-irish-sport-shite-in-a-bucket-23166

Still not a nice thing to happen to anyone, but the media love a good story, can't see many of them retracting their headlines and making sure the facts are correct though........

Not sure how to react to this, whilst the racist abuse is absolutely disgusting and any one found to be doing it should be dealt with accordingly, the British media announced to the world that racist abuse had been sprayed on to this wall. Now it turns out it wasn't racist at all, and given it's origins, possibly not even written by an England fan.

https://www.balls.ie/uncategorized/behold-the-greatest-phrase-in-irish-sport-shite-in-a-bucket-23166

Still not a nice thing to happen to anyone, but the media love a good story, can't see many of them retracting their headlines and making sure the facts are correct though........
They won’t retract anything.

The did what they wanted to do, they showed more division.

And the usual gullible fuckwits lapped it up.

Weird thread to begin with but reading through everything, I can see Double J's point.

Rashford's PR, whilst doing good things (food banks etc) is getting a bit out of hand. Does he want to be a footballer? Just feel he's distracted from continuing his football progression. He has definitely slowed down in terms of footballing improvement. That could be him peaking early, but this stuff can't help.

Southgate shoved him and Sancho under the bus by bringing them on in the 119th minute. And like Saka said, as soon as we lost, and all three missed penalties were by black players - I knew they would get some abuse by the racist cowards. The problem is the over-generalization that has happened since. In fairness, saint of the left Gary Lineker stuck up for proper England fans and I've found myself agreeing with him 99% of the time recently.

As for the mural - I didn't know what was written. I had presumed thanks to our great media that it was racist. Turns out it wasn't but only this thread has informed me. That is the media sowing division again. For what intention?