PNE Online
Welcome to PNE-Online. Why not register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox! You can also join up as a forum Patron to help support in the running costs of the forum.

Marcus Rashford

What’s embarrassing is your pathetic attempts to just ignore the faults of your own because you think you are so righteous backing your own “SCUM”
You don’t think it’s scummy to not help feed starving children? Really?

Starving kids in the early 90s? Who was in power at that time?
The Tories of course. despite being really nasty bstards they seem to have been in power for most of the tIme since the war🤷🏼‍♂️ You will obviously want to blame the Tories for the struggles then as well . I am just pointing out that nothing really changes. Blair became PM 23 years ago and I would guess that the majority of struggling parents are those born in his era.

The Tories of course. despite being really nasty bstards they seem to have been in power for most of the tIme since the war🤷🏼‍♂️ You will obviously want to blame the Tories for the struggles then as well . I am just pointing out that nothing really changes. Blair became PM 23 years ago and I would guess that the majority of struggling parents are those born in his era.
From 1979 to 1997 we had a completely heartless set of Tory shits running the country, so yes, I do blame them. The Tory Party changed completely and ditched the notions of One Nation conservatism under Thatcher. Pathetic attempts by Cameron, May and Johnson to pretend that they were returning the party to the One Nation days have proved to be spin and bluster.

Well that would be sad and make my comments shitty, if that's the case I'm very sorry for your loss and I apologise sincerely.
Thanks Winky , she didn’t . We did not have kids and it was mutual . So I feel shitty for making you feel shitty so I apologise also. To be fair I would much rather argue this sort of shit over a pint in a pub because we all have our opinions and we all differ . I know there are may shitty Tories but they do not have the monopoly . I think that Rashford has a good point and is honorable but I do not like one party trying to make political gains out of something like this because I do not think that is Rashfords intention. This sort of thing , just like funding the NHS would be much better kept as an all party thing rather than something to score points about.

It takes a special set of gymnastics to not blame the government of the last ten years for poor children going hungry today whilst at the same time blaming their parents and supposedly grandparents because they grew up under a Labour government, apart from the years where there was a Conservative one.

Bonus points for bringing 'booze and fags' and 'the poor can't manage money' into it which conveniently deflects attention away to our national response to a pandemic where the economic damage has been mostly inflicted on the lowest paid.

(40% of the lowest paid have seen cuts to their income compared to 15% of the best paid source here https://flipchartfairytales.wordpre...nd-of-the-furlough-and-the-new-social-divide/)

But yeah...'booze and fags'

You don’t think it’s scummy to not help feed starving children? Really?
What I think would be better would be for those children who are from families who cannot feed themselves is for them to stay in school in school holidays and I reckon some teachers would support that . Those families would then be able to carry on working and earn some money instead of having time off to look after the children. I only mean this under present circumstances also.

If Marcus Rashford can, why can’t everybody?
View attachment 1964

I might be sympathetic. If the MPs now receiving some sadly standard online abuse in return for their insensitivity showed any sign of concern or action in support of Anna Soubry when she was receiving death threats and being followed by Brexit nutters only a year ago. Most I suspect love stirring up division and are enjoying the limelight. Because it's not going to last more than 4 years as the real persecuted in Mansfield etc will have long memories.

It takes a special set of gymnastics to not blame the government of the last ten years for poor children going hungry today whilst at the same time blaming their parents and supposedly grandparents because they grew up under a Labour government, apart from the years where there was a Conservative one.

Bonus points for bringing 'booze and fags' and 'the poor can't manage money' into it which conveniently deflects attention away to our national response to a pandemic where the economic damage has been mostly inflicted on the lowest paid.

(40% of the lowest paid have seen cuts to their income compared to 15% of the best paid source here https://flipchartfairytales.wordpre...nd-of-the-furlough-and-the-new-social-divide/)

But yeah...'booze and fags'
So , typically you bring one point of the three I made to press your point but ignore the other two . as most of the lower paid work in hospitality etc just what would you do considering your beloved Labour Party have now stopped everyone pretty much from earning a living in Wales ?

Jesus Christ . I was married to a childcare worker in the early 90 s . She could give me true life experiences in those days about kids going hungry. Some because the parents preferred to spend money on fags , booze and themselves, some because the parents were not educated enough to know how to spend their ( benefits ) income, she had to take mothers round the supermarket to teach them how to spend money wisely , some because they did all they could to feed their kids but they just could not manage on their hard earned income. Don’t blame the Tories for this because Labour was in power for most of the time that today’s parents were brought up.
What always happens in my experience is this. You offer revision days and catch up sessions to pupils. If the catch up session is, say, 9-1 half day, (and therefore no food offered) hardly any kids turn up. Put on a full day, with a meal provided at lunch time, and the sessions are packed with kids. Feed them, and they'll turn up in droves because they aren't getting fed very often at home. Proof if ever it was needed that they DO go hungry, and they DO need feeding, and they DO rely on the school meals system.

I might be sympathetic. If the MPs now receiving some sadly standard online abuse in return for their insensitivity showed any sign of concern or action in support of Anna Soubry when she was receiving death threats and being followed by Brexit nutters only a year ago. Most I suspect love stirring up division and are enjoying the limelight. Because it's not going to last more than 4 years as the real persecuted in Mansfield etc will have long memories.
I agree to a point but she was ignoring the view of the people who put her in the position she had . No one should receive death threats, even Trump . Not sure Margaret from Barnsley will be swayed though , if Brexit gets delivered.

What I think would be better would be for those children who are from families who cannot feed themselves is for them to stay in school in school holidays and I reckon some teachers would support that . Those families would then be able to carry on working and earn some money instead of having time off to look after the children. I only mean this under present circumstances also.
So the teachers don’t deserve any time with their families? What about the parents who are unable to work, due to say disability? How about the MPs give up their £25 a day food allowance? Or maybe don’t give themselves a three and a half grand pay rise?

You’re trying to excuse the inexcusable. You’re beginning to look a tit. Well more of a tit than usual.