PNE Online
Welcome to PNE-Online. Why not register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox! You can also join up as a forum Patron to help support in the running costs of the forum.

Massive breakthrough for the Womens game.

I might be interested if it wasn't just full of the same "big" men's teams who have bought themselves into the top league - Man United for example. Only 12 teams am I right? Including Man United who just got thrown into it because they are Man United? Correct me if wrong.
Correct on everything there, Keith. Agree 100% also.

Yep clubs like Doncaster Belles who led the way, were then shat on. Makes it less interesting when it’s just the same clubs.
Yep and the disparity in quality is even more pronounced in the WSL. The Premier League despite the big clubs is still largely competitive, maybe apart from Man City boring everyone to death. But the WSL results, there are 5-0s, 6-0s every weekend.

Great result for NI tonight.

Brilliant red card at the end. Ukraine defender clear favourite in a foot race for the ball and thinks sod it...!

I might be interested if it wasn't just full of the same "big" men's teams who have bought themselves into the top league - Man United for example. Only 12 teams am I right? Including Man United who just got thrown into it because they are Man United? Correct me if wrong.
I know what you mean. I don’t even watch that many premier league games as it is, so I don’t need another. Even worse if this means another Sky price increase.

Only monkeys pay for Sky in the first place.
In your warped opinion.

It‘s actually more about sports fans paying for what they enjoy. I resent paying for Sky because I know I’m being ripped off, every premier league player gets paid more from Sky than I’ve ever earned.

So what do you enjoy?

...and I don’t want to hear about your handy work. :)

🤌🙉

Last edited:
You are absolutely spot on...... when my daughter played in the top division of women’s football about 15 years ago , the top 12 teams consisted of Tranmere, Millwall, Doncaster, Reading , Everton, Liverpool, Arsenal etc....

The likes of Man Utd, Man City and Chelsea were way down in the 6th, 7th and 8th tiers but then all of a sudden about 10 years ago it all became about money.....