PNE Online
Welcome to PNE-Online. Why not register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox! You can also join up as a forum Patron to help support in the running costs of the forum.

Match Day - AFC Bournemouth v PNE - 03/11/21 - KO:19:45 - Championship

What a performance. Very, very good. I was so chuffed given the Sky coverage were so smug about Bournemouth all night. They fell silent each time we scored.

McCann is the game changer. This lad is a different class.

Quite pleased Riis can't finish because if he could, there's no way he would be at Deepdale. Great performance from him with a terrible finish after he'd done all the hard work.
Absolutely no criticism of him but he needs to work on that one on one (obviously). Potts needs to try to stop panicking (in front of goal) as the ball came to him and he thrashed it well wide when it was almost as easy to score. What a night, though.

These sort of comments annoy the hell out of me, and this kind of attitude is why we've never, and will never ever make it to the Premier League. We should not be contemplating selling Riis, we should be looking to find him a proper strike partner in January who can provide the additional goals we need that Maguire has consistently failed to provide....After years of looking for a proven goal scorer and a real strike threat, the first thing we talk about is how much we'll get when we sell him....FFS! For once lets see some intent and some serious ambition....

That's just about what I said on another thread, we should build a team/squad around our better players and not just sell to the first offer that comes along. We might then get to keep them when they see our intent. Whilst we have the reputation of no ambition, players will always see us as a stepping stone instead of an opportunity to get to the prem (with us).

Absolutely no criticism of him but he needs to work on that one on one (obviously). Potts needs to try to stop panicking (in front of goal) as the ball came to him and he thrashed it well wide when it was almost as easy to score. What a night, though.
No change there then

I watched on ifollow, the commentators were so biased towards Bournemouth. Apparently the ref gave PNE everything and Bournemouth nothing, had a check on their forum, up the cherries or some such ridiculous name, well impressed with the standard of grammar and lack of expletives, they must be quite posh down there. But they still thought PNE had dirty tactics and the ref gave them nothing, oh and their manager got all his tactics wrong.

I watched on ifollow, the commentators were so biased towards Bournemouth. Apparently the ref gave PNE everything and Bournemouth nothing, had a check on their forum, up the cherries or some such ridiculous name, well impressed with the standard of grammar and lack of expletives, they must be quite posh down there. But they still thought PNE had dirty tactics and the ref gave them nothing, oh and their manager got all his tactics wrong.
the co-commentator was awful, but its like that with most opposing teams commentary (none will ever be as bad as the QPR one the other week though), i switched off and went to the sky red button for the last half hour because they were pissing me off so much
apparently the body check by Lermer was no worse than the slight push by Sepp on their player a few minutes earlier

the co-commentator was awful, but its like that with most opposing teams commentary (none will ever be as bad as the QPR one the other week though), i switched off and went to the sky red button for the last half hour because they were pissing me off so much
apparently the body check by Lermer was no worse than the slight push by Sepp on their player a few minutes earlier
couldn't get the red button to work, tried over and over, but at least ifollow seems to be a lot better now, hardly any freezing or buffering.

I must have imagined Billing being very lucky not to be sent off, Pearson getting away with 4 fouls and Lerma….

couldn't get the red button to work, tried over and over, but at least ifollow seems to be a lot better now, hardly any freezing or buffering.
Red button commentary was on the Blackpool match first half whist visuals were Bournemouth ?? tried listening to Radio Lancs whilst watching but again confusing as radio was about 5 seconds ahead of visual. All OK second half

Red button commentary was on the Blackpool match first half whist visuals were Bournemouth ?? tried listening to Radio Lancs whilst watching but again confusing as radio was about 5 seconds ahead of visual. All OK second half
Was fine on Sky but I know my cousin had the same issue on Virgin.

Went last night and it's got to be in my top ten of all time favorite away performances. The addition of Sepp and Ali McCann to the spine has just given us a bit more quality on the ball and Barky, to me, is ideally suited to the wing back role. Also I thought Riis' touch had improved, back to goal. His pace is a real threat of course and seeing him full pelt leaving defenders in his wake is a sight to behold, creating of course the 2nd goal. He seems to score more when he belts the ball, as opposed to when he tries to place it. With his pace he usually does have a bit of time, one on one, so am sure it will worked on. Just hope he stays fit and we're lacking a Plan B. Looking bright. Slightly concerned that we'll be knackered for Saturday but it was quite a measured performance, unlike last year. Would take a draw there though.

As others have pointed out Bournemouth fans are of the opinion we are a very physical team and they can’t understand how they got 3 yellows to our none. Unbelievable....... Lerma should have been sent of for endangering an opponent....... better being physical, and nothing wrong in it either, than ‘ dirty spoilt brat’ attitude they showed.

I’m not at all impressed by their manager, talked some real rubbish on Quest last night.

Remember a year or 2 ago when Reading won their first 10 or so games then couldn’t win again for ages......wouldn’t that be nice to see for that lot.....

Went last night and it's got to be in my top ten of all time favorite away performances. The addition of Sepp and Ali McCann to the spine has just given us a bit more quality on the ball and Barky, to me, is ideally suited to the wing back role. Also I thought Riis' touch had improved, back to goal. His pace is a real threat of course and seeing him full pelt leaving defenders in his wake is a sight to behold, creating of course the 2nd goal. He seems to score more when he belts the ball, as opposed to when he tries to place it. With his pace he usually does have a bit of time, one on one, so am sure it will worked on. Just hope he stays fit and we're lacking a Plan B. Looking bright. Slightly concerned that we'll be knackered for Saturday but it was quite a measured performance, unlike last year. Would take a draw there though.

Didn’t Barky play that position in our first game against a Hull and was awful......?

Last 2 games he has really looked good in that role, some of his tackling on Saturday was tremendous.

And he can certainly upset the opposition galloping forwards.

Didn’t Barky play that position in our first game against a Hull and was awful......?

Last 2 games he has really looked good in that role, some of his tackling on Saturday was tremendous.

And he can certainly upset the opposition galloping forwards.
Barky wasn’t terrible in the first match, got pinned back a few times but the problem was he was being left 1v2 against Emmanuel and Lewis Potter. Still picked up the assist for Riis goal

But it was only 1-1. We moved him up front and changed formation at half time and that’s when we conceded 3

Id actually like to know our record when playing top of the league in the Championship. It's like we always lift our game for it, regardless of opposition, managers or players. Then go back to being shit.

Reading were top last season when we smashed them too.

Bournemouth fans also surprisingly big time with their 8000 home crowds and lower league history.

Funny what Russian oil money can do.