The Big Boss
View attachment 174
Birmingham City v Preston North End
Saturday 21st September 2019- Kick Off 3pm
All links to streaming sites will be deleted.
View attachment 169View attachment 173View attachment 171
Our Admin - JK is taking part in the BIG PNE SLEEP OUT in support of the homeless charity the Foxton Centre. JK will sleeping out at Deepdale in November. Please support him if you can, all donations will also gain an entry to win the great new North End Souls book.
Match Preview: BBC Sport
Birmingham City could hand another start to 16-year-old Jude Bellingham, after his back-to-back winning goals against Stoke and Charlton Athletic.
Left-backs Jonathan Grounds (calf) and Cheick Keita (hamtsring) are both getting close to resuming full fitness.
Visitors Preston could have Andrew Hughes, David Nugent and Ben Pearson available for the game at St Andrew's.
Pearson has recovered from a virus, while Hughes and Nugent came through a reserve match on Tuesday.
- Birmingham have won only one of their last 11 league matches against Preston (W1 D4 L6), winning this exact fixture last season 3-0 under Garry Monk.
- Preston have kept one clean sheet in their last 23 away league visits to Birmingham (excluding play-offs), winning 1-0 in September 2001 under David Moyes.
- Birmingham City are looking to win three consecutive league matches for the first time since a run of four in October 2018.
- The two Championship teams whose matches have seen the fewest shots this season are Birmingham (138) and Preston's (142).
- Birmingham have managed just one first-half goal in the Championship this season, the joint-fewest along with Huddersfield Town, while opponents Preston have scored the most first-half goals (8).
- Excluding own goals, Preston have had more scorers than any other Championship side this season (8).