PNE Online
Welcome to PNE-Online. Why not register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox! You can also join up as a forum Patron to help support in the running costs of the forum.

Match Day - Birmingham City V PNE - 25/09/21 - KO:15:00 - Championship

Absolutely - he is still way short of the player he has the potential to become. But I still think that if we are going to start scoring more we need to partner Riis for extended periods with our best finisher who is Sinclair.
Playing Riis and Sinclair wouldn't work in my opinion since neither are good at shielding the ball and laying it off like Maguire and Evans do. Riis is improving in that respect but has a way to go.

Riis is no slouch either! I just wish he'd sort these 1 on 1 chances out, everything else about his game is coming along together nicely
Agree with you on the one on one chances, I just wish someone in the coaching staff would tell him to get his head up now and again and maybe pick out a pass to someone in a better position, if he’d of squared it on Saturday SVB would of had a tap in.

That said, our away form of 3 points from 5 games certainly needs to improve. We seem far too content to aim to draw every away game.
We started off badly for sure but the current unbeaten run has been very encouraging. Yes we have drawn the last 4 but if you look at those opponents record since the draws it's P6 W4 D2 L0 so they were against strong teams who I expect to all finish in the top half of the table. That said the game on Tuesday is against another strong opponent and it's a game that's difficult to predict the outcome of (ladbrokes have us at 17/10, Stoke at 7/4).