PNE Online
Welcome to PNE-Online. Why not register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox! You can also join up as a forum Patron to help support in the running costs of the forum.

Match Day - Birmingham City V PNE - 25/09/21 - KO:15:00 - Championship

JK

I try not to fly in the face of public opinion!
Staff member
Patron
Matchday.png

a261c8e7b5efb4622eb6a954eabc0a5d.png
1880badge.png

Birmingham City v Preston North End
Saturday 25th September 2021 , Kick Off 3pm
Championship
Any links to illegal streaming sites will be deleted.

Today's result (more so than the performance), will really influence some people's perception of the start of this season.

A win - and by some it will be seen as having been reasonable over all and on a definite upwards trajectory. A loss - and by others it will be seen as having a couple of home wins that are papering over the cracks. A draw - and it will depend on whether you are a glass half full/empty kind of person!

Today's result (more so than the performance), will really influence some people's perception of the start of this season.

A win - and by some it will be seen as having been reasonable over all and on a definite upwards trajectory. A loss - and by others it will be seen as having a couple of home wins that are papering over the cracks. A draw - and it will depend on whether you are a glass half full/empty kind of person!
Another draw wouldn’t sit that well with me to be honest! FWIW I think Brum are beatable at the moment. Looking forward to a good game.

Could do with a win today. Draws against the big boys are great, both as results and for morale, but we’ve still only won 2 from 8 so hopefully we can add to that today. Need to start picking up 3 points

Think we can beat these, but it’ll be a tough game. Midfield need to be on form making sure Chong doesn’t have a minute to breathe - class act

Any anyway draw is decent but you can't keep drawing need to get a away win at somepoint Brum have few decent players but let's get a 1-2 win coz got enough hard game next week QPR let's do it

Feel like we need 3 points today. Need to show we can grind out wins.

Normally I'd say a point is acceptable for an away game in this league with the exception if Blackpool, but for some reason today feels like a must win fixture.

Not losing is a good habit, one we seem to be getting into. A draw, a clean sheet and another performance would do for me - a win would be a Brucie Bonus.

Well pissed off I’m not going.

The wife got to the ticket office bang on half four, maybe a minute or 2 later and they wouldn’t sell her tickets for me and my lad.

Hope the jobsworth feels happy with themselves👍🏻
Think of the fuel you'll save.

Think we’ll go unchanged today, but there’s an argument for McCann to come in alongside Ledson to make sure their midfielders have no time to breathe and pick a pass. Brum strikers are goal scorers but probably won’t stretch the defenders, so we need to cut out the passes to them

Think we’ll go unchanged today, but there’s an argument for McCann to come in alongside Ledson to make sure their midfielders have no time to breathe and pick a pass. Brum strikers are goal scorers but probably won’t stretch the defenders, so we need to cut out the passes to them
If the CMs pass it to their strikers directly, it’s hardly a threatening passing lane. That analysis hardly makes any sense tbh

I’d go unchanged, maybe bring in Murphy for Seani (just thinking about him breaking down)

99% of the time you should never be disappointed with an away draw.
Bookies have Brum as clear faves at evens with us around 3-1. If I was betting that is very tempting.
Keeping the unbeaten run going is key, a win would be brilliant.