Match Day - Brentford v PNE - 15/07/2020 - KO:17:00 - Championship

Yoowell

Forum Patron
Patron
So Matt Le Tissier and virtually everyone else has written us off and on form they are probably about right.
However 7/1 for an away win in a two horse race on virtual Gentry Day is worth a fiver I think.

Tequila Sunrise

Forum Patron
Patron
We all kinda know we are a few short of being a top team and the Bees are a class unit. We shouldn't expect anything other than a torrid evening and the end to a "what might have been" season......life as a Nob Ender eh.....

1-2 to PNE - lol

Chartley

Forum Patron
Patron
Whilst I'm not optimistic, I think tonight is an usual proposition. Most teams we go up against these days think a draw against PNE is ok, and are happy to snatch a win. Brentford is a totally different ball game. They are strong favourites, in excellent form, oozing class and in need of 3 points.

I can't see them sitting back if they get a goal ahead. I just hope they underestimate us.

Tonight is a real 6 pointer for both teams and no result would fully surprise me except 0-0!

I guess a draw does not mathematically rule us out, but practically it does.

Effectively the play-offs start tonight for us!

No Danger

Forum Patron
Patron
We won our last 3 games in 2009 to pip Cardiff to the play offs.
Can history repeat itself? Unlikely but worth a try.
Identical goal difference back then as well but we'd scored 1 more.

BallyPNE

Forum Patron
Patron
We won our last 3 games in 2009 to pip Cardiff to the play offs.
Can history repeat itself? Unlikely but worth a try.
Identical goal difference back then as well but we'd scored 1 more.
What was the points gap with 3 games to go?

europne

Advisor to the Owner
I just want us to have a good go at it tonight, I will be pissed off if we put the whimpering performance out that we did in the first 3 lockdown games.

Take no prisoners, if we can’t beat them we can do them some damage, let them know they have been in a game.

LancasterRed

Mad Scientist
Patron
The impact of failing to win this game is too much to comprehend without showing great emotion with regards to the club's future.

This is the biggest game of the season, no doubt. Any shirkers need to be kept well away from the team.

BallyPNE

Forum Patron
Patron
The impact of failing to win this game is too much to comprehend without showing great emotion with regards to the club's future.

This is the biggest game of the season, no doubt. Any shirkers need to be kept well away from the team.
Hope Ledson "fairly" splits someone in half

No Danger

Forum Patron
Patron
Honestly can't remember for sure but seem to recall Cardiff lost at least their last 2 games.
Remember the roar from the crowd on the last day of the season at home to QPR when Sheffield Wednesday took the lead against Cardiff.
It was 1-1 at the time and shortly after St. Ledger headed the winner following one of Parkin's long throws.
Long shot for history to repeat itself.

JohnPNE

Advisor to the Owner
it was 7. Cardiff drew 1 and lost 2 and we won our last 3 (I think.)
However on the second to last game of the season we played Birmingham who needed a win to go up automatically. They were unbeaten in 9 games (not as good as Brentford's obviously) and we went there and won.
We can do it. PNE always has the tendency to pull out a surprise result/performance. Could tonight be it? Who knows. I'm expecting a defeat but I wouldn't be surprised if we went there and win. Come on PNE. Prove everyone wrong.

No Danger

Forum Patron
Patron
it was 7. Cardiff drew 1 and lost 2 and we won our last 3 (I think.)
However on the second to last game of the season we played Birmingham who needed a win to go up automatically. They were unbeaten in 9 games (not as good as Brentford's obviously) and we went there and won.
We can do it. PNE always has the tendency to pull out a surprise result/performance. Could tonight be it? Who knows. I'm expecting a defeat but I wouldn't be surprised if we went there and win. Come on PNE. Prove everyone wrong.
Birmingham got promoted automatically in the end.
We definitely won 9 points from our final 3 games. If Cardiff got 1 point from their last 3 the gap made up would have been 8 points.
Even more impressive :D (y)

ChuckD

Manager
Hard to predict how Alex will approach this one. Either go for it with high tempo high press from the start or try and limit their scoring opportunities for 60 minutes and then throw everything at it for the last 30.

I know which I would prefer.

Goal difference is also very tight between play off chasers so that could end up determining who finishes 6th.

JohnPNE

Advisor to the Owner
Birmingham got promoted automatically in the end.
We definitely won 9 points from our final 3 games. If Cardiff got 1 point from their last 3 the gap made up would have been 8 points.
Even more impressive :D (y)
Haha I’ve had a nightMare!
Yes it would have been 8 points not 7 as I had originally said.

Barrington Horne

First Team
Just had the usual emotional bet on PNE.
Potts first goal scorer, cheeky fiver on him, and a double......Potts first goal scorer and PNE to win 1 nil, 145 to 1.

I actually went to the bookies to put the bet on, really winds me up that whenever I bet on PNE the guy behind the counter takes my money and chuckles to himself!
It pisses me off and I should go somewhere else but I just want to win now all the time so I can go back in, pick the money up and laugh at him. Either that or I should just direct debit a tenner every week in to their bank account and be done with it.
Anyway if Potts scores I’m on the pitch and the milky bars are on me!
(I bet Potts doesn’t start after all this)

Farmboy

First Team
When we get the ball at the back I hope we don’t start lumping it skywards upfield, we’ll get hammered if that happens, need to pass it out wide, Barkhuizen needs to have his best game of the season.

Tino

Forum Patron
Patron
Despite there being a fair of the "pressure" on the result tonight the pressure is actually off. Pretty much no one expects us to win, the tv are there to see Brentford march on and put massive pressure on West Brom going for automatics, we're off form, we don't do well at Griffin Park and we've got a fair few injuries to key players.

So put your money on a 3-0 away win.