PNE Online
Welcome to PNE-Online. Why not register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox! You can also join up as a forum Patron to help support in the running costs of the forum.

Match Day - Bristol City v PNE - 11/09/21 - KO:15:00 - Championship

We should have really buried them based on the highlights.

That Riis miss was bad.

That Riis miss was bad.

Riis - a player I really rate - is not what you might term a 'clinical' finisher. He is a blast it as hard as he can striker which in effect means he will either score with shots that are 'unstoppable' or he will miss. Our best finisher by far is Sinclair which is why if he is available we always need him somewhere in the mix.

The Sepp and Riis misses may have been converted prior to the International Break. It’s amazing how a couple of weeks can make them a bit rusty.

He might be captain, but he shouldn't have got near the pitch, maybe he calls the shots 🤷

You have to hope FM sees something from Browne in training which convinces him of a role in the team and that our recent squad strengthening and much improved performances and results in his absence will spur him on to his best form and justify his selection on the bench or in the starting lineup at some point.

Couldn't be bothered posting after driving there and back in the day, I was knackered.

I thought we played quite well. Frustrating not to take all 3 points really. Maguire needs a goal, been very impressed with him so far this season. Very unlucky with the one that came back off the bar.

Riis wasn't at his best as I have said before, just stick with him. We do need someone on the bench to come on that is an actual striker though and not just Barkhuizen & Murphy as alternatives who aren't actual strikers by trade.

DJ was very good, as was Whiteman. Earl again looked good, good to see him looking good for a run of games now.

We go again Tuesday, a very difficult game.

Another delayed report, having driven up and down the M6 since the final whistle (another story).
An encouraging performance in which we carved out most of the chances and got behind their back line far more than they did ours. Riis is a rough diamond, Maguire works like stink and needs a goal. Ledson played some inch perfect through balls as did DJ. Have to say I was less impressed by Whiteman who played several loose passes and got caught in possession too often. When McCann started warming up, Whiteman seemed the obvious withdrawal. Maybe DJ and Riis had taken knocks but also looked like McEvoy was settling for the point.
We were best in the first half, especially the last third, when we should have taken a one or two goal lead. In the second, we had more chances but couldn’t maintain the pressure and, with the subs, inevitably sat deeper. Was very impressed by Earl in the first half and Sepp throughout. The back three gave little away and Iversen dealt comfortably with whatever did get through. Driving away, Radio Bristol had plenty of praise for us: ‘dangerous’, ‘we got away with that one, and lots of compliments for DJ,
Maguire and Sepp who, they said, gave their tricky left winger his hardest game of the season.
We’re definitely improving and do now have a strong squad. Fingers crossed. And a big thanks to Somerset Exile for the ticket. Owe you one.

Another delayed report, having driven up and down the M6 since the final whistle (another story).
An encouraging performance in which we carved out most of the chances and got behind their back line far more than they did ours. Riis is a rough diamond, Maguire works like stink and needs a goal. Ledson played some inch perfect through balls as did DJ. Have to say I was less impressed by Whiteman who played several loose passes and got caught in possession too often. When McCann started warming up, Whiteman seemed the obvious withdrawal. Maybe DJ and Riis had taken knocks but also looked like McEvoy was settling for the point.
We were best in the first half, especially the last third, when we should have taken a one or two goal lead. In the second, we had more chances but couldn’t maintain the pressure and, with the subs, inevitably sat deeper. Was very impressed by Earl in the first half and Sepp throughout. The back three gave little away and Iversen dealt comfortably with whatever did get through. Driving away, Radio Bristol had plenty of praise for us: ‘dangerous’, ‘we got away with that one, and lots of compliments for DJ,
Maguire and Sepp who, they said, gave their tricky left winger his hardest game of the season.
We’re definitely improving and do now have a strong squad. Fingers crossed. And a big thanks to Somerset Exile for the ticket. Owe you one.
Agree with all that.
I’ve seen a couple of posts on here saying Whiteman was very good.
Must have watched a different game to me.
Opinions eh.

We should have really buried them based on the highlights.

That Riis miss was bad.
Quite a high bounce to be fair, and he took it early when he probably should have let it drop. VDB's chance was the one for me

Quite a high bounce to be fair, and he took it early when he probably should have let it drop. VDB's chance was the one for me
Think he slips to be honest but you don't get many better positions than that.

Hit it down or straight and you score.

Hi all. The consensus at our end is a draw was a fair result, certainly born out by the match stats.
We weren't great yesterday but are certainly getting better and you look a decent side.
As usual DJ had us chasing circles, oh to have a player like him, although Kasey Palmer can do it when he can be bothered.
although the result was fair, it's a point we don't normally get so we have to be content.
Well done to the 753 that made the trip, it's a long one.
all the best for the rest of the season an we'll see you at yours in January.
(y)