PNE Online
Welcome to PNE-Online. Why not register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox! You can also join up as a forum Patron to help support in the running costs of the forum.

Match Day - Bristol City v PNE - 11/09/21 - KO:15:00 - Championship

Think he slips to be honest but you don't get many better positions than that.

Hit it down or straight and you score.
Think it’s because he was hitting it on the up.

Knew from the second he was lining it up he would miss.

Tough chance on reflection.

As usual DJ had us chasing circles, oh to have a player like him, although Kasey Palmer can do it when he can be bothered.

(y)
Sounds like from people who were there that you’ve got one in that Massengo lad. Won’t be with yous for too long I’d reckon

Sounds like from people who were there that you’ve got one in that Massengo lad. Won’t be with yous for too long I’d reckon
Pissed me off when Whiteman was booked for fouling him when he’d clearly started falling before Ben even touched him yet when we were breaking away a few minutes earlier, DJ was cynically dragged back and the ref did nothing.

Han Noah, indeed he's only young and been with us a while, signed from Monaco. Along with another young lad Adam Scott, who's more like a young Grealish than Grealish, they're our saleable assets.
No doubt the bug boys will have an eye on Han Noah and we'll just enjoy him while we've got him.

Reactions: OB1
Think he slips to be honest but you don't get many better positions than that.

Hit it down or straight and you score.
I also think Riis slipped as he tried to shoot.

Those Sky highlights were quite strangely chosen, they didn't include any of Bristol City's first half chances, and they didn't include Maguire's miss shortly after he hit the bar.

That miss was probably his best chance of the game, and really he should've hit the target with it.

Pissed me off when Whiteman was booked for fouling him when he’d clearly started falling before Ben even touched him yet when we were breaking away a few minutes earlier, DJ was cynically dragged back and the ref did nothing.
That wasn't a booking in a million years Preston lad.
In all honesty, the worst thing on the pitch yesterday was the referee, a bit too much 'look at me'. I want to watch the football, not the bloody officials.

That wasn't a booking in a million years Preston lad.
In all honesty, the worst thing on the pitch yesterday was the referee, a bit too much 'look at me'. I want to watch the football, not the bloody officials.
We were in our own half granted but breaking at speed with a 2 on 1 down our right.
If you give a foul, which he did, then it’s a booking for me.
That apart I didn’t think he was too bad.
Cracking ground by the way pal, thought it was decent.
That main stand is frigging massive.

Which screams out that we need a blooming striker
There’s no doubt that misfire has upped his game but he is playing in a strikers position and he isn’t scoring goals
No matter how you look at that it’s a problem with an easy solution if we had a few million down the back of the couch
How old are you? He has a name, Maguire.

You are recently coming across like a right tit on a few posts.

Maybe I should be equally as childish and refer to you now as Fraud Edgington.

Not nice is it this name calling lark.

We were in our own half granted but breaking at speed with a 2 on 1 down our right.
If you give a foul, which he did, then it’s a booking for me.
That apart I didn’t think he was too bad.
Cracking ground by the way pal, thought it was decent.
That main stand is frigging massive.

Aye, it's a biggun alright. Need to stop for a smoke half way up the stairs to the top tier.;)
TBH, I've only been up there twice and you do feel a bit isolated up there.
Thanks for the compliment about the Gate BTW, we'll get around to doing the away stand at some point I should think but the next bit is an arena, hotels, car parks, shops and 'apartments' (flats, they're bloody flats) behind the Lansdown (the big bugger). We already own the land and it's going through planning.
Personally, I miss the old place but it's progress I suppose.

I have to put a word in for Storey who has been looking far more composed recently. He dealt well with Martin who can be a very tricky customer. It seems to me that Storey appears to have bulked up since last season, have we been feeding him butter pies?

I have to put a word in for Storey who has been looking far more composed recently. He dealt well with Martin who can be a very tricky customer. It seems to me that Storey appears to have bulked up since last season, have we been feeding him butter pies?
He very nearly cost us in the first half with a terrible header straight to them.
Was steady enough after that but he worries me whenever he’s on the ball.

Creosote.

Aye, it's a biggun alright. Need to stop for a smoke half way up the stairs to the top tier.;)
TBH, I've only been up there twice and you do feel a bit isolated up there.
Thanks for the compliment about the Gate BTW, we'll get around to doing the away stand at some point I should think but the next bit is an arena, hotels, car parks, shops and 'apartments' (flats, they're bloody flats) behind the Lansdown (the big bugger). We already own the land and it's going through planning.
Personally, I miss the old place but it's progress I suppose.
At least you're organically developing your traditional ground. Could be worse with a move to an industrial estate and a homogenous, warehouse of a ground.

Think it’s because he was hitting it on the up.

Knew from the second he was lining it up he would miss.

Tough chance on reflection.

Yeah, watching the highlights back a couple of times I was definitely too harsh saying he should have buried it in the match day thread.

It's at a really awkward height to do anything with and a nightmare bounce.

At least you're organically developing your traditional ground. Could be worse with a move to an industrial estate and a homogenous, warehouse of a ground.
We would have moved across the road years ago if it wasn't for the NIMBYS.

We're more than happy to stay where we were TBH.

We would have moved across the road years ago if it wasn't for the NIMBYS.

We're more than happy to stay where we were TBH.
Ah yes I remember Ashton Vale now you come to mention it.

Probably just as well you didn't move there or your nickname could have been "Methane Gas" and you wouldn't have wanted that.

Ah yes I remember Ashton Vale now you come to mention it.

Probably just as well you didn't move there or your nickname could have been "Methane Gas" and you wouldn't have wanted that.

Good god NO!!!! They're doing a fine job of imploding on their own, we want nothing to do with them, they're a blight on this fine City. 🤮