PNE Online
Welcome to PNE-Online. Why not register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox! You can also join up as a forum Patron to help support in the running costs of the forum.

Match Day - Bristol City v PNE - 16/01/2021 - KO:15:00 - Championship

Bench is interesting. No Stockley or Harrop, suggests credibility to rumours of their departures. No Storey is interesting though, you'd think he'd be there for cover rather than Gally.

Bench is interesting. No Stockley or Harrop, suggests credibility to rumours of their departures. No Storey is interesting though, you'd think he'd be there for cover rather than Gally.
Browne has covered CB for us once and Ireland 3 or 4 times so that would be my guess. Also Earl on the bench means Hughes can cover

The long unbeaten run worries me a bit as well.

This is an advantage - a clear one.

Of course it will come to an end one day (might be today, seeing as we’re all happy with the team selection) but this fantastic run against them will rankle them rather than motivate.

Convention has it that once they do break our hoodoo over them, we’ll lose the next three !

Browne has covered CB for us once and Ireland 3 or 4 times so that would be my guess. Also Earl on the bench means Hughes can cover

I think I’d be far more comfortable with Browne sliding into a back 4 than Storey.

I know the podcast guys are keen for him to get a run of 10 games, but he would cost us 5 or 6 goals in that time on current form.

Hughes would be first port of call, but Browne definitely in over Storey

I think I’d be far more comfortable with Browne sliding into a back 4 than Storey.

I know the podcast guys are keen for him to get a run of 10 games, but he would cost us 5 or 6 goals in that time on current form.

Hughes would be first port of call, but Browne definitely in over Storey
Storey has had a mistake in him since he joined. You would hope we would have been able to coach it out of him but no luck so far

are we not a bit light weight when it comes to battling... ie no ledson/pearson? or is whiteman in the holding ball-winning role?

Storey has had a mistake in him since he joined. You would hope we would have been able to coach it out of him but no luck so far

Definitely, but he has had his worst 6 months since he joined this year.

He’s still miles behind Hunts, and he arrived as heir apparent 3 years ago. Worrying lack of development in that time

The depth on that bench is miles away from where it was just a few weeks ago.

Ledson, Molumby and Riis can make arguments to start, Potts too I suppose. Great feeling to have so much competition for places.

stockley harrop ready to move... malumby pigged off on bench... and our record signing out of the frame once more.

Ledson, Molumby and Riis can make arguments to start, Potts too I suppose. Great feeling to have so much competition for places.

Yeah. Gone from looking at our bench and thinking: “Christ, we are thin” to actually being quite excited.

Especially with 5 subs available, should be a huge aid for us going forward.

That said AN can be a little conservative with his substitutions, hopefully the extra options will give him more licence to take risks

Happy with that lineup.

Been said ad nauseam but our options in the middle of the park are unreal now.

Agree but problem is it’s all in midfield. We need that competition in defence!