PNE Online
Welcome to PNE-Online. Why not register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox! You can also join up as a forum Patron to help support in the running costs of the forum.

Match Day - Bristol City v PNE - 16/01/2021 - KO:15:00 - Championship

Hi Lillywhites.
obviously I'm not here to gloat, I would hope you know me better than that.
The period after half time was a concern from a City point of view but I must say that's the most toothless North end team I've seen in a long time. Lots of pretty football up to the final third then very predictable.
If we beat you (we never beat North end), (16 games supposedly, not sure that's right) something is clearly missing but you seem to be missing some creativity which is unlike you.
That said, we'll both be here to do it all again next season regardless.
Take care all and stay safe eh!
You’ve just summed up Alex Neil’s tactics in one paragraph, it’s a pity some of our fans still defend him , he has taken all of the flair out of the team with the way he wants us to play .

Did you think Fisher was lucky to stay on when his forearm 'inadvertently' hit Massengo in the face out of interest? It didn't look like he could handle HNM to be fair.

To be fair, if it gets to 80 minutes and the game has gone, Fisher usually starts acting like a bit of a dick.

Fisher had the better of him when he drifted out left in the previous game, dispossessed him a few times.

Always thought he was more of a central midfielder, did an excellent job on the ball when he came on today to be fair. Our tiring players couldnt really get near to him

I think Whiteman looks great. Why take him off? We were half the team when he was subbed.

Then there's Ryan Ledson. Arguably our most consistent player in 2020. Patiently waiting to stake his claim. Midfield departures imminent. And he ends up in the bench.

It felt like, with too many midfielders to choose from, he wanted to try and give everyone a game?!!
I did jokingly text a mate before the game an asked him if we were gonna play a 0 10 0 formation!!

Different players same tactics , same result, where are all the Alex Neil defenders tonight . Absolutely no defence for playing Maguire up front again never mind not taking him off at half time. No more excuses Alex time to go .
Maguire should NEVER start again.
As someone else said, he's neither a striker or a winger and imo is not the best player we have in ANY position so he shouldn't start.

Oh the wet blankets are here...happy with our shite performances, can't see the need for concern, Neil walks on water.

Clueless

We’ve lost today so no wonder you are out in force. Had we won you would have done your usual disappearing act.

Performance was dissapointing. I’ll get over it.

So in other words you’ll support us when we are challenging - eg play offs but if we are in mid table forget it. Might as well support Liverpool mate they attract type of fans like yourself.
Hello john😁

Hahahahahahahhaahahahhaah. We’ve lost two games and suddenly we are in free fall? We will not be in a relegation battle that’s a fact! You can apologise to me at the end of the season when I’m right.
I’m sure we will be safe from relegation but are you happy with the tactics and performances. I would like to know if AN had any input in the signings of Riis, Nugent, Baylis, Stockley and the new contracts for Harrop And Huntingdon.

Hahahahahahahhaahahahhaah. We’ve lost two games and suddenly we are in free fall? We will not be in a relegation battle that’s a fact! You can apologise to me at the end of the season when I’m right.
Hello john how are you 😁.

Did you think Fisher was lucky to stay on when his forearm 'inadvertently' hit Massengo in the face out of interest? It didn't look like he could handle HNM to be fair.

I must have missed that @cideriup, but Fisher was really poor today, both defensively and with his passing. He's out of contract in the summer but apparently hasn't been offered a new one, so I think that his head's more flakey than normal.

Maguire should NEVER start again.
As someone else said, he's neither a striker or a winger and imo is not the best player we have in ANY position so he shouldn't start.
Correct, what on earth does he offer us? Looks like he puts a shift in running about making pointless runs and falling over but has no end product and offers nothing! Riis must be gutted he starts over him!

If we beat you (we never beat North end), (16 games supposedly, not sure that's right) something is clearly missing but you seem to be missing some creativity which is unlike you.
That said, we'll both be here to do it all again next season regardless.
Take care all and stay safe eh!

February 2011 apparently was the last time.

You stay safe too (y)

I agree that we won't be in a relegation battle but we should be looking at more than mediocrity and it doesn't mean we shouldn't be discussing how things can improve. Sometimes it's the nature of a defeat.
Neil has been backed and the supporters and 'powers that be' will be expecting some steady but consistent movement in the right direction.
We do have some good players and he now has plenty to work with.
Important period of the season is here.

We’ve lost today so no wonder you are out in force. Had we won you would have done your usual disappearing act.

Performance was dissapointing. I’ll get over it.
As I said last week when you tried that bullshit, I always comment during/after a game, win lose or draw.

I say what I see. I'm honest.

If we play well and win, I'll say so. If we play shite and win, I'll say so. If we play well and lose, I'll say so. If we play shite and lose (which is mostly the case these days) I will say so.

Unlike you, Mr Rose Tinted, who thinks we never deserve to lose and Neil can't do anything wrong. You really are rather amusing.

Can anyone tell me what Hughes brings to the party? His positional awareness is shocking, his attempted headed clearance for City's 2nd (when he clattered into Davis) was woeful. Also, I'm going to start putting a bet on every Saturday for how many times he finds touch with his passes /clearances. League one defender at best.

Pla
Well I actually thought we played OK, but missed the all important killer ball. Considering the new signings I expected a settling period, especially as they are covering key roles.
Whiteman did OK, Molumby looked good when he came on.
We need to get Barky and Sinclair in the game more. They barely see the ball.
Seani was neat and tidy, he just doesn't have the burst anymore. Hughes was good.
Hunts, Davies OK, but DJ and Browne poor. Potts and Riis too when they came on.
Can't play Browne in the deep 2 anymore, he shite there. Play him or DJ in the 10, drop the other.
Play anybody where you like Mooney, the conclusion will be the same. Barring the tempo being raised for 10 mins at the start of the 2nd half, have we looked a threat at any other time in the game?! Our creative players are being stifled game after game after game with the way we play

Just the usual bed wetters out in force again.

I swear if we’d won today they’d have been saying the PO’s are ours to lose etc.

Just no middle ground, although admittedly it’s hilarious to read.
Just the usual cock-knocker out on his own today!

I agree that we won't be in a relegation battle but we should be looking at more than mediocrity and it doesn't mean we shouldn't be discussing how things can improve. Sometimes it's the nature of a defeat.
Neil has been backed and the supporters and 'powers that be' will be expecting some steady but consistent movement in the right direction.
We do have some good players and he now has plenty to work with.
Important period of the season is here.

No I agree. Hopefully results and performances can be a lot better these next few weeks. However, I’m not going to stop supporting the club after a couple of defeats which quite a few fans strangely have said. They aren’t doing because of the way the club is run which I sort of understand and have no ambition. They have said it because we have lost.

To be fair, if it gets to 80 minutes and the game has gone, Fisher usually starts acting like a bit of a dick.

Fisher had the better of him when he drifted out left in the previous game, dispossessed him a few times.

Always thought he was more of a central midfielder, did an excellent job on the ball when he came on today to be fair. Our tiring players couldnt really get near to him
He is LeeT, maybe City stumbled on something today. He looked good wide right.

Never really pay much attention to this thread but, it’s absolutely hilarious!

A doom mongers dream.

Certainly be following it more in future.

Come prepared...

220px-John_Laurie_Dads_Army.jpg

A belt sander and a cheese grater are also useful.