PNE Online
Welcome to PNE-Online. Why not register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox! You can also join up as a forum Patron to help support in the running costs of the forum.

Match Day - Bristol City v PNE - 22/07/20 - KO:19:30 - Championship

JK

I try not to fly in the face of public opinion!
Staff member
Patron
index.php

bristol city.png
1880badge.png

Bristol City v Preston North End
Wednesday 22nd July 2020 ,
Kick Off 7:30PM
Championship

Can’t really be bothered with this tonight, I’ll probably watch one of the other games with implications.

Can’t really be bothered with this tonight, I’ll probably watch one of the other games with implications.
But it could be Ben's last game for us (if fit and selected).

I get what you're saying though.

For myself, it is all about finishing above Rovers, got a Brew and a Pack of 4 Chunky KitKats riding on tonight (seasons bet) hence I'll be watching.

But it could be Ben's last game for us (if fit and selected).

I get what you're saying though.

For myself, it is all about finishing above Rovers, got a Brew and a Pack of 4 Chunky KitKats riding on tonight (seasons bet) hence I'll be watching.

And yet I have seen some people say that Bristol v PNE is the only Championship match tonight that has nothing riding on it. Ridiculous :D

Given that both Bens looked like they were training yesterday, do we think we’ll see them tonight? Or will they both miss out so as not to risk a potential sale on a game with nothing riding on (JDs KitKats aside)

Instead of what could have been a massively tense game we will instead have one with no real longer term significance - the reason being it took four games after the lockdown before we showed any real fight or commitment and that is the reason why AN's management should be under scrutiny. There is no point playing anyone tonight who is likely not to be here next season but let's see. It is still a competitive match and even last matches of the season can make themselves memorable even if there are no promotion or relegation issues at stake. The famous 9-0 against Cardiff which I watched was one such. Let's get this season that at one point seemed to promise so much and in the end delivered little except a few moments out of the way and move on.

With an early get up for work on Thursday & nothing riding on the game (apart from KitKats) I won't be bothering.

Can't wait for the season to end if I'm honest. Another anti climax done & dusted.

Instead of what could have been a massively tense game we will instead have one with no real longer term significance - the reason being it took four games after the lockdown before we showed any real fight or commitment and that is the reason why AN's management should be under scrutiny.
Good point. Why on earth hasn’t anyone mentioned this before?

You doing a threesome before you go to work?

Lucky boy ;)
We've been in the play off spots all season until lately, yet tonight our very last game of season is the only fixture in this league with nothing riding on it, typical North End, always pleased to disappoint.
I want to beat these lot again though. Roll on next season for the same again, no doubt. 🤞

In years to come the only things that will be remembered about this season will be the last time we were top of the league and our final league position.

In years to come this will be seen as yet another example of North End boards failing to address the requirements of the squad in order to get them over the line.

How many times have we seen that in the last 20 years?