PNE Online
Welcome to PNE-Online. Why not register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox! You can also join up as a forum Patron to help support in the running costs of the forum.

Match Day - Donkey Lashers v Preston North End - 23/10/21 - KO:15:00 - Championship

Supporting PNE is a black comedy.

It’s meant to be entertainment and enjoyable, but really it’s an inherited illness.

I now wish my father didn’t go on so much about Finney, 60+ years of underachieving.

It’s meant to be entertainment and enjoyable, but really it’s an inherited illness.

I now wish my father didn’t go on so much about Finney, 60+ years of underachieving.
Let's face it, all we've got is our history.

Though I do try and tell myself we're in a better position now than we were in the 80s and 90s.

I’ve just watched part of a Radio Lancashire interview that Frankie gave this morning.
He talks about rewatching the match with the players and says the real difference was converting opportunities when they arose.
He would have had a lot more respect if he’d have said that he was completely out coached by the opposition manager and seeing the highlights understands why supporters are so angry and frustrated.
No mention of not playing the ball out from the back once, punting every kick left, isolation of Riis, wing backs being pinned in…I could go on.
If Frankie doesn’t see there’s a problem how the hell can he fix it, surely the powers that be can see this?

I’ve just watched part of a Radio Lancashire interview that Frankie gave this morning.
He talks about rewatching the match with the players and says the real difference was converting opportunities when they arose.
He would have had a lot more respect if he’d have said that he was completely out coached by the opposition manager and seeing the highlights understands why supporters are so angry and frustrated.
No mention of not playing the ball out from the back once, punting every kick left, isolation of Riis, wing backs being pinned in…I could go on.
If Frankie doesn’t see there’s a problem how the hell can he fix it, surely the powers that be can see this?
The lads on the podcast mentioned it. It’s never his fault, it’s always “unlucky” “tough match” “We were OK” “Opposition were excellent” “X player needs to do this if we’re honest”

Yeah, he said when they reviewed the match, they focused on the key "moments" - basically when they scored and we missed.

But what they need to look at is how the whole big picture setup was fundamentally flawed from the start, from the formation to the "tactics", if that's not too grandiose a term for Frankieball.

Looking at a few "moments" isn't going to teach them anything about that. So how can things improve?

Your a self confessed non attender you muppet.
yeah but only for the last 7 years, before that i went 48 years in a row home and lots of away.....

Now i only go on about 4 or 5 games a season..

Its strange really i have always been pessimistic about everything associated with the Nobbers..... I dont mean anything personal about it at all, its just me... You might not think it from some of my posts but i am so passionate about North End !!

Played in all but 2 games from signing at the club until Neil's departure. Unused sub just once and missed other game through injury.

Played in just 2 games under Frankie for a total of 58 minutes, unused sub five times

The fact he was subbed off by Neil in all 5 games he started under him backs up the point though....

It seemed McAvoy got Browne back from suspension and Maguire from injury and preferred to us those 2 instead, perhaps with an eye on this season.

The Gordon loan was just a disaster from the very start really regardless of who was picking the team.

The Gordon loan was just a disaster from the very start really regardless of who was picking the team.
I can agree with that bit to a degree. I don't think he was fully fit was he from what I remember and arrived with a knock which he played through which might be why he never completed 90 minutes.

Not our player and not our manager but it's another player we've had that we just haven't utilised to their fullest potential.

As for Saturday back on topic. Still hurting and feel we're just kicking the can down the road somewhat. Poor tactics Saturday and arguably been all season and reliant on spells in games to try and take anything from the game. Just can't rely on that to bump us up the league.

We're sort of lucky that Cardiff, Hull and Barnsley are in absolute freefall currently. End of November Cardiff play both us and Hull in the same week. Our fixtures if you look at them until the end of the calendar year are grim reading:

Luton (H), Bournemouth & Forest (A)
International Break
Cardiff (H), Boro (A), Fulham (H), Rovers (A), Barnsley (H)

Cardiff have changed manager and Barnsley will change manager before then and no doubt get some sort of bounce as a result.

Luton flying. Bournemouth top. Forest rejuvenated. Fulham 2nd. Boro 6th. Only Rovers in there I can't put my finger on and even then it's a local derby at their place and given how bad we were on Saturday I genuinely worry about this run of 8 league games coming up.