PNE Online
Welcome to PNE-Online. Why not register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox! You can also join up as a forum Patron to help support in the running costs of the forum.

Match Day - England v Croatia - 13/06/2021 - KO:14:00 - Group D

2-0 england.

I like that side, very positive.

When we now have players like Grealish to come on you realise the strength in depth that we have.

The BBC are making out that Trippier at LB is a tactical move to counter Croatia's RB (who Trippier plays with at Athletico). Not sure how playing his teammate against him out of position is better than having one of your actual LB's to deal with him.

I obviously hope not but that together with the Mings and Stones combo just looks like an accident waiting to happen!
I think we can all see that defence is where we are shaky in this tournament. It will be our downfall against the better teams in my opinion. Stones I am not so worried about but Mings worries me at centre back.

Apparently Chilwell isn’t injured

So why do we have two goalies on the bench instead of Chilwell?

Is it? I didn’t know that

Why?
That’s just how it works in tournaments. Obviously it’s normally a 23-man squad, where you have to name 3 keepers, and it’s a 23-man match day squad so nobody is left out.

But this year due to Covid it’s a 26 man squad so 3 outfield players have to be left out.

I don’t think Trippier at left back is ideal but Southgate probably is nervy about the fact that Shaw and Chilwell haven’t played any of the warm up games.

I’d be surprised if we don’t see Chilwell and Sancho in the squad against Scotland.

Can't help but think the ship is being run by a deckhand best player in the three warm up games rewarded with a place on the bench, Plus a right back at left back.

That is an unbalanced team. I hope for Englands and his own sake that Southgate has it right.
It is no where near the team that I would have played, with Grealish starting ahead of both Foden and Sterling.

Perfect weather for a day out watching the footy, but I imagine not pleasant for the players. Think it’ll be a tight game

Don’t agree with trippier at left back.

But I don’t think it’s as defensive as some people said it would be. My fear was five at the back and I’m glad he has gone away from that.

Croatia are a talented team but we have the potential to get a win.

That is an unbalanced team. I hope for Englands and his own sake that Southgate has it right.
It is no where near the team that I would have played, with Grealish starting ahead of both Foden and Sterling.

Grealish - good player.

But so are Sterling and foden.

Grealish will start a game at some point but people forget he spent the last three months out injured and might not be ready to start a competitive game yet.

Don’t agree with trippier at left back.

But I don’t think it’s as defensive as some people said it would be. My fear was five at the back and I’m glad he has gone away from that.

Croatia are a talented team but we have the potential to get a win.
I don’t think many will agree with that. Maybe he’s been talking to AN about how to fill a LB position. 😂