PNE Online
Welcome to PNE-Online. Why not register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox! You can also join up as a forum Patron to help support in the running costs of the forum.

Match Day - England v Croatia - 13/06/2021 - KO:14:00 - Group D

Good result and always important to get off to a winning start in the group.

Need to take the emotion out of the Scotland game and just play our game, we have more quality than them.

Think the line-up worked well but coming up against weaker opposition in the next 2 I think we will have to be a bit more expansive. Our full backs will have to get involved going forward a bit more and that will probably mean a left footer playing at left back. Could also see Grealish coming in vs Scotland.

Really impressed with Kalvin Phillips.

Clean sheet.

Comfortable throughout.

Excellent win.

Couldnt ask for more really.

It's coming home. 🏴󠁧󠁢󠁥󠁮󠁧󠁿🏴󠁧󠁢󠁥󠁮󠁧󠁿

Last edited:
Recently I’ve criticised Pickford commanding of his area.

Today he has got it absolutely spot on. Not been tested much but he’s don’t all the stuff he’s had to do really well.

He was really alert for loose balls and took control. Excellent work.

Magic. Solid performance and we can build on that, took our chance and saw the game out no bother.

Just watching the slow mo of the celebration of the goal, did you see the 2 lads fall down the partition bit? 😂

Think Southgate has had unfair criticism before this tournament.

At World Cup 18 we had an average squad which is why we started the same team in every game that ‘mattered.’ And he still took us to a semi final.

Now the pressure is on and let’s see what happens before we slate and says we are getting knocked out the group or he’s sacked after the tournament based on his line up.

Confess I was not impressed with the selection of out of form Sterling ( as opposed to the controversial Trippier selection which I could see some logic to)

However I think the show of faith has really lifted him and he has mentally blocked out his City form and convinced himself he is a different player in an England shirt

His smile and twinkling eyes in the post match interview were totally uplifting , probably for the whole nation, and I am absolutely delighted for him.

There is a possibility he could now go on to be the player of the tournament.

Confess I was not impressed with the selection of out of form Sterling ( as opposed to the controversial Trippier selection which I could see some logic to)

However I think the show of faith has really lifted him and he has mentally blocked out his City form and convinced himself he is a different player in an England shirt

His smile and twinkling eyes in the post match interview were totally uplifting , probably for the whole nation, and I am absolutely delighted for him.

There is a possibility he could now go on to be the player of the tournament.
Stupid question of the day award goes to the interviewer who said “ Does that goal justify your selection ? “