Match Day - England v Denmark - 07/07/2021 - KO:20:00 - Semi Final

JohnPNE

Advisor to the Owner
You do like a good moan sometimes! I get bored of people excusing uncouth behaviour just because other nations’ fans do it. Is it like a Brexit thing: if 52% of the crowd don’t boo, it’s not embarrassing?

Who said other countries don’t boo national anthems anyway? Who said that other aspects of the night’s support weren’t absolutely fantastic? Not me - but crack on with your criticism.

IMO, it is completely counterproductive to boo the other anthem. If I was an England player (I never once got picked), I would feel super proud singing my anthem and would have further pride in my nation if we treat national anthems and flags of our SPORTING opposition with absolute respect. This would make me stronger - a great way to support the team.

If my own anthem was booed, rather than intimidate me, it would likely make me more determined. It’s brainless.

My post clearly equally referred to the penchant to boo everything- like the knee. A few even a very young German child in tears. And also the embarrassment that someone took a laser pen to Schmeichel FFS. Sure, it’s probably one person- but I know you understand the concept that one member of a group can bring shame on the rest.

I honestly really hoped that we would at least for once show extra respect to Denmark after what they’ve been through. Of course very many did - but if you think the minority didn’t bring some embarrassment on us, then it’s a weird outlook.

Respect breeds respect. Disrespect breeds disrespect. We reap what we sow.

And I get bored of people saying we are the worst behaved fans just because of a few mindless idiots. One person said we are the worst behaved fans by far. Really?

Clearly they have never been to a derby match in Brazil or AC v Inter.
Our fans go to another country to watch their team play and they get stabbed.

No one is acting like some of our fans are angels. We know they aren't. People have said we are the worst behaved fans in the world and they are ashamed of their country because of it. We aren't and the few mindless idiots do let us down.

How do you know they were booing a German child in tears? The fact is you don't. They may have been booing something else at the time and the camera coincidental landed on the German girl. When I saw the German girl crying I didn't boo I cheered so England fans booing just doesn't make sense.

MrBoomBoom

Manager
You do like a good moan sometimes! I get bored of people excusing uncouth behaviour just because other nations’ fans do it. Is it like a Brexit thing: if 52% of the crowd don’t boo, it’s not embarrassing?

Who said other countries don’t boo national anthems anyway? Who said that other aspects of the night’s support weren’t absolutely fantastic? Not me - but crack on with your criticism.

IMO, it is completely counterproductive to boo the other anthem. If I was an England player (I never once got picked), I would feel super proud singing my anthem and would have further pride in my nation if we treat national anthems and flags of our SPORTING opposition with absolute respect. This would make me stronger - a great way to support the team.

If my own anthem was booed, rather than intimidate me, it would likely make me more determined. It’s brainless.

My post clearly equally referred to the penchant to boo everything- like the knee. A few even a very young German child in tears. And also the embarrassment that someone took a laser pen to Schmeichel FFS. Sure, it’s probably one person- but I know you understand the concept that one member of a group can bring shame on the rest.

I honestly really hoped that we would at least for once show extra respect to Denmark after what they’ve been through. Of course very many did - but if you think the minority didn’t bring some embarrassment on us, then it’s a weird outlook.

Hahahahahahhahahahahhahahahahhahahahahhahahahahahahaha.

First major final in the majority of our lifetimes, and you spend all your time focusing on that?

Hahahahahhahahahhahahahahahhahahahhahahahahahah.

Lee Trundle

Forum Patron
Patron

This logic doesnt hold given this is the first time we've booed anthems and it is the furthest we've ever got in the competition.

Sports Trader

Advisor to the Owner
This thread and the one about the kits just highlights what a moany society we live in these days.

Final of the Euros, new season starting soon where we can attend games, life starting to return to some form of normality in a couple of weeks. Summer is here.

Enjoy it, life’s too short.

TheFulwoodEnd

Forum Patron
Patron

We reap what we sow? What the hell is that meant to mean?

You really are blowing this situation out of all proportion.

It's not like the bad old days of the seventies when football fans used to kick seven bells out of each other. You should watch some documentaries on Russian football if you think England have it bad with few boos.

The only person here moaning is you.

We are in our first final since 1966. The whole of England is getting a boost yet you go down this route.

Relax and enjoy the ride... it may not happen again.

From91

Forum Patron
Patron
Some of the comments on here after reaching our first final in decades are embarrassing.

I think watching England (and PNE) fail consistently has become so ingrained in some people over the years that even after something overwhelmingly positive they have to look to discredit it anyway they can. Do you think the Italians are banging on about dives or some boos, not a chance.

Thankfully Southgate and the squad seem to have the mental toughness to shut all the negative noise out.

Thracia

Forum Patron
Patron
Some of the comments on here after reaching our first final in decades are embarrassing.

I think watching England (and PNE) fail consistently has become so ingrained in some people over the years that even after something overwhelmingly positive they have to look to discredit it anyway they can. Do you think the Italians are banging on about dives or some boos, not a chance.

Thankfully Southgate and the squad seem to have the mental toughness to shut all the negative noise out.
tbf, very few of the lads come on the forum these days.

Talking of staying positive, we could learn a lot from the Danes: :LOL:

Regardless

Forum Patron
Patron
We reap what we sow? What the hell is that meant to mean?

You really are blowing this situation out of all proportion.

It's not like the bad old days of the seventies when football fans used to kick seven bells out of each other. You should watch some documentaries on Russian football if you think England have it bad with few boos.

The only person here moaning is you.

We are in our first final since 1966. The whole of England is getting a boost yet you go down this route.

Relax and enjoy the ride... it may not happen again.

Look back: Actually, I wrote SEVEN words on the topic - just mentioning that I found it embarrassing that one of our fans shone a laser into Schmeichel’s face, we booed Denmark‘s national anthem, boo the knee. No big deal. Simple and reasonable and followed ecstatic posts on this thread and elsewhere.

JK responded with a lengthy post as though I thought the majority of England fans were responsible, that I didn’t enjoy the match, or the result and I have no pride in my country blah blah blah. You and others have piled in. It couldn’t be further from the truth.
His post did piss me off a bit - it was almost irrelevant to what I had posted. I probably should have just ignored his criticism.

Have a nice weekend. Come on England!