PNE Online
Welcome to PNE-Online. Why not register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox! You can also join up as a forum Patron to help support in the running costs of the forum.

Match Day - England v Denmark - 07/07/2021 - KO:20:00 - Semi Final

Status
Not open for further replies.
Look back: Actually, I wrote SEVEN words on the topic - just mentioning that I found it embarrassing that one of our fans shone a laser into Schmeichel’s face, we booed Denmark‘s national anthem, boo the knee. No big deal. Simple and reasonable and followed ecstatic posts on this thread and elsewhere.

JK responded with a lengthy post as though I thought the majority of England fans were responsible, that I didn’t enjoy the match, or the result and I have no pride in my country blah blah blah. You and others have piled in. It couldn’t be further from the truth.
His post did piss me off a bit - it was almost irrelevant to what I had posted. I probably should have just ignored his criticism.

Have a nice weekend. Come on England!

My reply was in context of the wider discussion and I wanted to back up my points with reasoning, hence a reasonably lengthy reply.

I didn't mean to piss you off, just had a different opinion to yourself, yet you accused me of moaning, when if anything that's exatclty what you had done yourself.

We all support the same sides and want England to be successful. I guess that seeing your post and a few others took away that enjoyable feeling of our win.

Come on England.

Look back: Actually, I wrote SEVEN words on the topic - just mentioning that I found it embarrassing that one of our fans shone a laser into Schmeichel’s face, we booed Denmark‘s national anthem, boo the knee. No big deal. Simple and reasonable and followed ecstatic posts on this thread and elsewhere.

JK responded with a lengthy post as though I thought the majority of England fans were responsible, that I didn’t enjoy the match, or the result and I have no pride in my country blah blah blah. You and others have piled in. It couldn’t be further from the truth.
His post did piss me off a bit - it was almost irrelevant to what I had posted. I probably should have just ignored his criticism.

Have a nice weekend. Come on England!

Piled in?

I disagreed with your post and throughly agreed with JK's and others on the subject.

If you are going to start calling folk national embarrassments then what do you expect.

You where "pissed off with JK"? What because he made your argument weak and showed it had no real basis? As @sft4eva states it was a perfectly relevant reply.

Seven words. It’s all I wrote - that’s hardly focussing only on the negative! All explained already to appease you lads but it doesn’t stop some pretty big exaggeration and misrepresentation of my words. You need a new hobby.

Not engaging on this anymore. But IMO, if instead England had been playing Italy in Rome and it was THEM excitedly on the cusp of a first final for 55 years.
And then 1/ there’s a crucial penalty and one of the Italian supporters shines a laser beam all over Pickford’s face.

And 2/ there’s audible booing from a section of Italian supporters for their OWN players before kick-off as they supported anti racism.
And 3/ imagine one of our players had suffered a cardiac arrest like Eriksen earlier in the tournament - and the world had been kind and the Italian players had just extended their friendship with a pre-match presentation of a gift for that player - but then a sizeable section of their supporters roundly booed our anthem.

How would we feel about Italian supporters?

I imagine, if you’re honest, 1&3 would make you resentful. As for booing their own players? Not sure what to make of that - but IMO overall you would be thinking that the people involved are nobs and it didn’t reflect well on Italian fans. But maybe you would think different. I really don’t care to argue.

Seven words. It’s all I wrote - that’s hardly focussing only on the negative! All explained already to appease you lads but it doesn’t stop some pretty big exaggeration and misrepresentation of my words. You need a new hobby.

Not engaging on this anymore. But IMO, if instead England had been playing Italy in Rome and it was THEM excitedly on the cusp of a first final for 55 years.
And then 1/ there’s a crucial penalty and one of the Italian supporters shines a laser beam all over Pickford’s face.

And 2/ there’s audible booing from a section of Italian supporters for their OWN players before kick-off as they supported anti racism.
And 3/ imagine one of our players had suffered a cardiac arrest like Eriksen earlier in the tournament - and the world had been kind and the Italian players had just extended their friendship with a pre-match presentation of a gift for that player - but then a sizeable section of their supporters roundly booed our anthem.

I imagine, if you’re honest, 1&3 would make you resentful. As for booing their own players? Not sure what to make of that - but IMO overall you would be thinking that the people involved are nobs and it didn’t reflect well on Italian fans. But maybe you would think different. I really don’t care to argue.
I’d quit whilst you’re miles behind fella.

If you want to whine, moan and scrutinise every negative you can, then crack on.

The rest of us will just continue to enjoy the ride we’re on, and keep smiling (you should try it).

Like I said eailer, you are blowing this out of proportion, over thinking it just for the sake of being critical.

It doesn't matter how many words you wrote, we where responding to the points you raised.

Overall the response to what happend to Christian was amazing, thousands raised for defibs and millions of messages of support. I've seen some folk suggest England's players singing of Sweet Caroline was disrespectful too. Do you agree with that? I'm sure Christian didn't give a toss that a few folk booed their anthem.

You appear to be pissed off on the behalf of another entire nation which is odd.

You should have stopped with the bit in bold BTW.

Try and enjoy the weekend and the build up to the biggest game of football in this country since 1966.

We should all be so proud of the young men that are representing us and our country, right now.

This from Raheem Sterling.

E5zTjyKXMAY3t4S

and another one.

No one said it did but its just highlighting the point that England is far from alone in having the odd numpty.
We all know that and Italy probably have one of the worse hooligan cultures in the world atm.
We all saw the scenes outside Anfield and there have been similar at Goodison and in London when English teams have played Serie A sides but it doesn't make what some of our supporters do ok.
I was no angel myself in the past and I've 100% nothing against people having a good time but like it or not, England fans while passionate are sometimes an acute embarrassment and particularly when the eyes of the world are watching.
Maybe it's my age.

No one said it did but its just highlighting the point that England is far from alone in having the odd numpty.
Exactly - we (the English) are getting battered on social media etc at the minute. There is no defending the laser being shone in the keeper face, but everything else has been done by other teams.

Booing has been done throughout - Denmark did it against Wales! They can’t say a word! Most of us couldn’t care less if we are booed during the anthem - we just sing louder and use it as fuel.

The diving and cheating accusations are even funnier. Wanting Italy to beat us with their beautiful football etc. when they are the worst culprits. It will be interesting to see which Italy team turn up. If they play like they did against Spain, will get plenty of chances. They turned up to spoil or hit on the break and in the end they wanted to settle for penalties.

It doesn't make the behaviour of our own fuckwits any more acceptable.

No it doesn’t. Its when people act like we are the only country with idiot fans when we aren’t. Far from it.

Yes the idiots should be ashamed of their actions but we aren’t the only country with them.

I think we can all be united in our disgust on this one.

Yes, disgusting. Absolutely abhorrent.

As was the Danish fans racist abuse of our players on social media. The worst I've ever seen.

Both sides have cunts.

We all know that football brings out the worst in people, so get yourself prepared for Sunday, I'm sure you won't be let down in your pursuit of stories about England fans being twats.

Status
Not open for further replies.