Tuesday 29th June 20201, Kick Off 5PM
Uefa Euro 2020
Round of 16
London
Wembley Stadium

Muzza

Forum Patron
Patron
I'll be watching this on replay at 8am before starting work at 10am. Can't be arsed staying up for a 2am kick off tonight.

Hoping for a win without going to extra time!!

pnewortham

Forum Patron
Patron
A peculiarly English thing, but why is the telly showing a lowlights reel of English penalty shoot-out failures?? Why do it? I don't get it.

Regardless

Forum Patron
Patron
Saka was so good in the last match (and so good for Arsenal). I am not good enough to think how he fits into a balanced team - but would be really happy to see him start again. Tough on Foden - but Saka did more than Foden so far.

jamesOB

Forum Patron
Patron
Sounds like the team is this (or close) -

Pickford

Walker
Maguire
Stones

Trippier
Rice
Phillips
Shaw

Sterling
Kane
Foden
If this is the lineup (with Saka in for Foden as is believed)

Kalvin Phillips will be the most important player on the pitch. If he plays like he did against Scotland where he didn’t cross the halfway line, well lose

If he plays like he did against Croatia, bombing forward and linking the play, then we have a much bigger chance

Mr Meeseeks

Forum Patron
Patron
Just have a feeling Germany have a psychological edge on things already just from the fixture and the history that comes with it.

We need to play the game and not the occasion, sorry for the cliche but it's so, so true.

Forget past meetings, forget 96 and forget the pain of old. We need to respect them but don't show them too much respect, this is a very beatable German side. I just fear too much cautiousness from Gareth here and not enough impetus. I really hope I'm wrong.