PNE Online
Welcome to PNE-Online. Why not register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox! You can also join up as a forum Patron to help support in the running costs of the forum.

Match Day - England V Germany - 29/06/21 - KO:17:00 - Last 16 - Euro 2020

What’s disgusting about it? It’s character building.

Bit embarrassing that immediately after beating the team we never beat, people cant just be happy. Disappointed that we didnt go out so they could have a pop at Southgate, they have to find something to complain about.

End of the day I dont think there have been any reports of violence, plenty of videos doing the rounds of German and English fans mixing and having a good laugh yet we're disgraceful for booing a song. Plenty need to get a grip

Much, much better in the second half. Grealish certainly made a difference, Shaw and Sterling were superb.

Kane, again very quiet but hopefully that goal provides a confidence boost and he gets back to his usual self.

GET THE FUCK IN!!!
Grealish did make a difference. I have to disagree (IMO) about Shaw and Sterling being superb though. Shaw only got forward the once, which was for the assist, and apart from Sterling's goal I thought he was pretty poor, running into trouble, slowing down the run of play many times.
Will take the win obvs, but we need to be a lot more creative and play with attacking intent if we want to win this. The number of back passes when we had other options was incredible!

I was in Germany a few years ago when England played Sweden, think it was euro 2012?, I was surprised to see a number of Germans celebrating when England won and they all seemed like a friendly bunch, I cant imagine being in a bar in England while Germany are playing and seeing the same sort of atmosphere
I've been to Germany 3 times.

The 1st time was in 1984 as a 15 year old and all I knew was 1939-1945, 1966 and the usual British Media anti German BS.

I was totally overwhelmed once there, what a superb country and friendly friendly people. We are so so much alike as people you have to be there to both appreciate and understand this.

I won't have a bad word said against the decent normal majority of Germans. Wonderful people.

Bit embarrassing that immediately after beating the team we never beat, people cant just be happy. Disappointed that we didnt go out so they could have a pop at Southgate, they have to find something to complain about.

End of the day I dont think there have been any reports of violence, plenty of videos doing the rounds of German and English fans mixing and having a good laugh yet we're disgraceful for booing a song. Plenty need to get a grip
The shite stuff being highlighted shows a total lack of class, end of.

What’s disgusting about it? It’s character building.
The father certainly - and I think the little girl too - suddenly realised mid booing / mocking cheering of them that they were on the screen and it was them that were being targeted.

An adult bloke, I get it but a girl aged about 6 or 7? Not on mate.

Standards.

I was in Germany a few years ago when England played Sweden, think it was euro 2012?, I was surprised to see a number of Germans celebrating when England won and they all seemed like a friendly bunch, I cant imagine being in a bar in England while Germany are playing and seeing the same sort of atmosphere
I was in Germany for the World Cup in 2006. Germany played in the afternoon and won their group, England played at night vs Sweden when Joe Cole scored a worldie. At full time of the Germany game we were booed walking through the centre of Leipzig in our England shirts, but it was playful.

Suddenly this massive German came in front of us, wearing a German shirt and a bloodied St George's flag around his waist. 'Do you fight for your country?' he asked us, to which i said we're just here to enjoy their beer and the football and had no interest in fighting, then he walked away looking and left us to it. Shit myself! He was massive.

We watched the England game and some Germans were there, and there was a scenario where I think if we lost we would have played Germany in the last 16. So the Germans were cheering us on as they didn't want to play us.

Delighted at the win, overjoyed in fact, but find the behaviour of some of our fans fucking appalling. Don’t think the two are mutually exclusive.

Don’t get me wrong, I was screaming at the TV telling Muller to fuck off when he missed. But why inflict more anguish on supporters whose shoes we’ve been in plenty of times? Gloating just makes you a knobhead in my book. Leave it to the neanderthals.

I was in Munich when they lost the final in 2002 against Brazil.

Saw the game in a beer hall and had 9 delicious pints by the end of the game (about 2pm or something). Great atmosphere and then everyone went outside and partied.

It remains the only time I have attempted to dance the samba with some Brazilian girls whilst smoking a large cigar.

Delighted at the win, overjoyed in fact, but find the behaviour of some of our fans fucking appalling. Don’t think the two are mutually exclusive.

Don’t get me wrong, I was screaming at the TV telling Muller to fuck off when he missed. But why inflict more anguish on supporters whose shoes we’ve been in plenty of times? Gloating just makes you a knobhead in my book. Leave it to the neanderthals.

I mean if youre going on Twitter calling a 7 year old a Nazi then yeah fair enough but Twitter is Twitter, everyone is usually a prick about everything on there.

It is our biggest win in tournament football for about 40 years and one the fans played a huge part in. Atmosphere was superb from pre-match to post-match. No problem booing the anthem, just sets the tone. The fans were shite for the group stage games so this was a welcome improvement.

Every England fan who cheered the crying girl has been in her position following England, it was light-hearted and something funny to look back on in 10 years.

I dont understand where this need to be humble comes from. Most of us werent alive when we last won a major tournament, and we've had so many disappointments that getting overexcited is perfectly reasonable.

I mean if youre going on Twitter calling a 7 year old a Nazi then yeah fair enough but Twitter is Twitter, everyone is usually a prick about everything on there.

It is our biggest win in tournament football for about 40 years and one the fans played a huge part in. Atmosphere was superb from pre-match to post-match. No problem booing the anthem, just sets the tone. The fans were shite for the group stage games so this was a welcome improvement.

Every England fan who cheered the crying girl has been in her position following England, it was light-hearted and something funny to look back on in 10 years.

I dont understand where this need to be humble comes from. Most of us werent alive when we last won a major tournament, and we've had so many disappointments that getting overexcited is perfectly reasonable.
Completely with you on the atmosphere inside Wembley, it was magnificent and probably contributed to our victory tbh. Do we win that game in Rome? I’m not so sure. In fact, I don’t think we do.

The thing with the anthem is, we were already creating a ferocious, partisan atmosphere in there before the booing, which I’m sure was affecting both sets of players. Why take it a step further? I know it’s not exactly a hate crime booing a national anthem but I think you can try to unsettle your opponents whilst maintaining a bit of decorum. Partisan but respectful.

I just can’t agree on the little girl thing; would you do that if you walked past her on the street and she was crying? If you would, you’re categorically a grade A whopper. I don’t think getting excited about a win in football justifies behaving like a belm afterwards (unless we’re talking about Blackpool). I’m buoyant as fuck but I’ve got no desire to start jacking off at crying Germans.

Yeah, kids cry when their team loses, heck even adults do, but it ain't light hearted to laugh at kids crying. What's worse is that it was public to thousands of people, it just isn't that nice.
In 20 years she might loom back at that image and think 'gosh, why was I crying? That's funny' however that's for her to decide whether it was funny, not us.

Anyway, for all the nice people out there there's equal amounts of prats, and this pandemic hasn't in my opinion taught us to be kinder to one another.

The 1st time was in 1984 as a 15 year old and all I knew was 1939-1945, 1966 and the usual British Media anti German BS.

I was totally overwhelmed once there, what a superb country and friendly friendly people. We are so so much alike as people you have to be there to both appreciate and understand this.

I won't have a bad word said against the decent normal majority of Germans. Wonderful people.
Agree with this JD…. In my role in the Purchasing Dept at British Aerospace I have dealt with one particular German supplier for the last 26 years. I have visited the country on about 50 occasions and I agree that we are from a very similar culture.. in fact just before kick off last night I received a WhatsApp message from one of the chaps who works for the supplier saying “ May the best team win and let’s hope none of us run out of cold drinks !! “

Yup - we get a lot of German tourists here and they are usually very pleasant folk.

I have an issue with their politicians and some media, but have no problem with the people.