PNE Online
Welcome to PNE-Online. Why not register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox! You can also join up as a forum Patron to help support in the running costs of the forum.

Match Day - England V Germany - 29/06/21 - KO:17:00 - Last 16 - Euro 2020

The shite stuff being highlighted shows a total lack of class, end of.
I've been around Europe following the world Moto-x championships a few years ago when I was younger, I never witnessed anything but class support to any of the riders from the supporters from those countries, we can only remember one incident where a beer can was thrown at a Belgium rider as he rode under a man made footbridge over the track, where did this happen? The UK, it was embarrassing. We really do breed fuckwits.

I've been to Germany 3 times.

The 1st time was in 1984 as a 15 year old and all I knew was 1939-1945, 1966 and the usual British Media anti German BS.

I was totally overwhelmed once there, what a superb country and friendly friendly people. We are so so much alike as people you have to be there to both appreciate and understand this.

I won't have a bad word said against the decent normal majority of Germans. Wonderful people.
I absolutely love Germany. My first trip there was when I was about 13 and we stayed in a place called Forbach in the Black Forest. Absolutely stunning place and great people who made us feel most welcome.
Also been to Aachen on a school trip in '99 and I've also been to Hamburg a couple of times - had a great experience there too.

They can't half drink too! :ROFLMAO:

I absolutely love Germany. My first trip there was when I was about 13 and we stayed in a place called Forbach in the Black Forest. Absolutely stunning place and great people who made us feel most welcome.
Also been to Aachen on a school trip in '99 and I've also been to Hamburg a couple of times - had a great experience there too.

Been just the once with a mate when I was about 17.
Met an ex SS soldier on the train station (Hamburg I think). He seemed believable enough, ID, old documents etc. but could have been bullshitting two innocents I suppose.
In a carriage with a couple of Swedes and I think Danish couple. Schnapps was opened and my mate did the usual English thing and threw up all over the carriage.🤦‍♂️🤦‍♂️.
Same mate who's now a multi millionaire. I wouldn't mind but I got more O levels than him.🤣.
The German lasses all seemed rather more mature than us as well.😊

They did cheer / boo her crying, the comms team made a point of it and the camera quickly panned away.

Disgusting fan reaction.
Sat at home, it's impossible to know exactly what the fans in the stadium were booing about, I thought it was Gosens being booed.

I used to go to Germany quite a lot with work, great place and great people too. Also, contrary to popular belief, Germans do have a sense of humour. 🙂

I've been around Europe following the world Moto-x championships a few years ago when I was younger, I never witnessed anything but class support to any of the riders from the supporters from those countries, we can only remember one incident where a beer can was thrown at a Belgium rider as he rode under a man made footbridge over the track, where did this happen? The UK, it was embarrassing. We really do breed fuckwits.
And I bet it was a cheap brand rather than a premier beer

Went to Germany with school. Spent 5 nights drinking in the town square.

Still got the Hovels Bitterbier glass, nearly 35 years later. Love drinking from that glass.

Honestly they were the best years of my life. My parents fought tooth & nail to get me into that all girls boarding school.

It would have been like the porky's shower scene if I'd ever have happened to infiltrate an all girls boarding school as a sweaty 14 year old youth.

Would probably have got unlucky and got the lard arse standing in the way of my peep hole as well

Interesting read for a German, last couple of pages :ROFLMAO:
Neither the booing of the anthem or the girl thing have even been mentioned here or talked about amongst football fans.
You guys seem to think it more over than the Germans.
I always experienced great respect for England, English people and the England football team.
It was a pretty one-sided "hatred", to be fair. If you even would want to call it that way.
Walked into the office with my England shirt and a Harry Kane Maske on and all the guys were congratulating...

The young girl issue has proper snow-balled. There may have been some that booed - but at that moment, Muller had just been subbed off and was kicking things over pitch side as he walked off in frustration. I would bet, that most of the boos were being aimed at him.

Everything else that has come out since is just a disgrace.