PNE Online
Welcome to PNE-Online. Why not register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox! You can also join up as a forum Patron to help support in the running costs of the forum.

Match Day - Huddersfield Town v PNE - 17/08/21 - KO:19:45 - Championship

Robinson goal and Pearson assist. How depressing is that when you look at our squad

It was Whiteman who was in absolute no man's land for the goal wasn't it? Allowing them a free route on goal.
Browne that let him ghost in behind I think. The gap between VDB and Storey was massive though. Becoming a theme that teams are targeting that gap.

Reactions: SF
Lindsay threw the game away....what a load of shit.

He headed the ball to their player on the halfway line, plenty could have been done to stop the goal after that.

Exactly this.

1:05 on these highlights. The ball is going out of play, Lindsay heads it straight to their midfielder, leaving Koroma free to slide in the striker.

I appreciate in the long list of Liam Lindsay fuckups it is relatively minor, but it is absolute garbage defending and was A key error leading to the goal.

He did the exact same against Reading and was lucky to get away with it, and also did the exact same straight to Frazier Campbell later in the game.

Tom Clarke defending that ball and he either watches it out of play or heads it 20 yards downfield, not directly into their centre mid

Robinson goal and Pearson assist. How depressing is that when you look at our squad
Pearo assist? Baaa. It's just the natural progression from his "I once ran the length of the pitch to score a screamer when we were already 3-1 up against Barnsley" saga. Easy peasy.

In the 1989-90 season if we include the League cup games we played our first 7 games we drew 1 and lost 6.

At the start of the 1987-88 season our first 23 league games resulted in 4 wins, 7 draws and 12 defeats and ended the season in 16th spot. Our manager that season was John McGrath

From the start of the 1983-84 season our first 15 league games resulted in 2 wins 4 draws and 9 defeats - 8 of those defeats were consecutive. Again we ended the season in 16th spot.

The season before, from the start of the 1981-82 season our first 12 League games resulted in 1 win, 6 draws and 6 defeats. We ended the season in 14th spot

The start of the 1978-79season the 13 first games in the league resulted in 1 win, 4 draws and 8 defeats. Finishing the season in 7th spot. Our manager was Nobby Stiles.

The previous season (1977-78) under Nobby Stiles our first 8 league games resulted in 1 win, 5 drawn and 2 defeats. We got promoted that season from the Third Division in 3rd place

I’ll look at other seasons when I get the chance.
So it appears that in all the seasons we've had a shit start, we've never been relegated.

Things look bleak even on the match days not featuring us at the moment with Hull losing to Derby last night.

Thankfully as it stands we’re not playing any of the ‘top’ / in-form teams for another month (not that it’s making much difference at the moment), by which point we’ll have a good idea if there are any signs of this team & manager turning things around.

Somehow the current humiliation will be even greater if we lose to Fergie Jr.