PNE Online
Welcome to PNE-Online. Why not register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox! You can also join up as a forum Patron to help support in the running costs of the forum.

Match Day - Middlesbrough v PNE - 23/11/21 - KO:19:45 - Championship

It isn't just me saying it though is it!? We were literally gifted the win tonight, in a game when we were absolutely woeful. Brilliant keeping from Iversen, and a howler from Bamba for our winner.

Bamba was having a great game, it was so easy for him, until Evans came on and first thing he did was let him know he was in for some stick......he wasn’t the same player after he clashed with Evans.

Bamba was having a great game, it was so easy for him, until Evans came on and first thing he did was let him know he was in for some stick......he wasn’t the same player after he clashed with Evans.
Well done Ched…

It isn't just me saying it though is it!? We were literally gifted the win tonight, in a game where we were absolutely woeful. Brilliant keeping from Iversen, and a howler from Bamba for our winner.
We were
but you make your own luck if there is such a thing
right now there are ten teams worse than us in the league based on points alone.
and we are a few wins away from a possible play off spot.
is that a justifiable position in which to sack a manager ? Plenty will say for sure based on the very erratic performances (80+% in the poll) but I cannot see the owner agreeing right now

Has to start Saturday for me. Gives them a bit more to worry about with Riis.
Like it or not, a player like Evans is vital to FM's style of play. In truth, we needed an upgrade in the summer to be first choice alongside Riis but Wickham was what we got, a signing never likely to succeed. With Evans injured, we have had only Maguire as backup, which, whilst certainly not the sole reason, has definitely contributed to our generally mediocre form this season.

A fortuitous three points tonight hasn't changed my opinions of FM and Ridsdale but a win's a win, and whatever the circumstances, I will take it any time over a defeat.

Like it or not, a player like Evans is vital to FM's style of play. In truth, we needed an upgrade in the summer to be first choice alongside Riis but Wickham was what we got, a signing never likely to succeed. With Evans injured, we have had only Maguire as backup, which, whilst certainly not the sole reason, has definitely contributed to our generally mediocre form this season.

A fortuitous three points tonight hasn't changed my opinions of FM and Ridsdale but a win's a win, and whatever the circumstances, I will take it any time over a defeat.
Yes, but at the same time in ok position in crazy league.
We were
but you make your own luck if there is such a thing
right now there are ten teams worse than us in the league based on points alone.
and we are a few wins away from a possible play off spot.
is that a justifiable position in which to sack a manager ? Plenty will say for sure based on the very erratic performances (80+% in the poll) but I cannot see the owner agreeing right now
Just goes to show though you should never give up and keep going. If that’s a team that wasn’t playing for FM I’ll eat my hat!!!

That is Iversen’s job mate. Do you want us to drop him?
Why would I want us to drop a player who is the reason we're not in the relegation zone?

I want us to be in a position where we're not relying on our goalkeeper to be winning us points. I want us to win points by dominating teams and producing better performances than the other team. I want better than 4 wins in 14 league games in a very poor league.

Let's not forget that the tone he set against Hull and Huddersfield was that of a wet paper towel, always willing to be proved wrong as all people should be but a good header from a corner isn't going to change my mind on the spot, just like others wouldn't have been when Seanie finished tidily from the corner on Saturday
Did you not watch him last season?