Staff member
Patron
Matchday.png

1629790952938.png
1880badge.png

Morecambe v Preston North End
Tuesday 24th August 2021 , Kick Off 7:45PM
League Cup 2nd Round

Any links or requests for illegal streaming will be deleted.

Mashimbo

Forum Patron
Patron
Be nice to see a couple of the youngsters get some game time at this one. Morecambe will be no mugs so the experience would be invaluable.

Regardless

Forum Patron
Patron
Easy win ;)

Important game to build some momentum. And 3rd round League Cup games tend to throw up some decent draws.

ernest

Advisor to the Owner
Be nice to see a couple of the youngsters get some game time at this one. Morecambe will be no mugs so the experience would be invaluable.

But that is also why we need some experience in the team.

No LIndsay, Evans, Browne, Barkhuizen or Olosunde. Huntington obviously out of things. No Brown. No point I think in selecting either Ripley or Rafferty because I am very dubious either will make the 25-man squad. Do we start Bauer or do we avoid possibly asking too much of him too quickly? If we give him a rest then the only option we have for the centre of the defence is Storey with van den Berg removed from the wing-back position to play alongside him. In that case whoever plays right wing-back will be an improvisation.

I would like to see Bayliss and maybe Harrop get a start. So maybe:

Rudd

van den Berg, Storey, Cunningham

Potts (if not who), Ledson, Bayliss, Harrop

Thomas

Two from Riis, Sinclair, Maguire, Rodwell-Grant

Bobbage

4th Choice Keeper
Patron
I would like to see Bayliss and maybe Harrop get a start. So maybe:

Rudd

van den Berg, Storey, Cunningham

Potts (if not who), Ledson, Bayliss, Harrop

Thomas

Two from Riis, Sinclair, Maguire, Rodwell-Grant

Cunningham is probably the player we should most be "resting" in games like this.

ernest

Advisor to the Owner
He's back up now.

Earl offers more as a wingback and Hughes won't be budged from LCB.

Indeed he is - at least for the left of the back three. But as a wing-back I really am not sure he can manage it any more. I would rather see Harrop compete with Earl for that position.

jamesOB

Forum Patron
Patron
Indeed he is - at least for the left of the back three. But as a wing-back I really am not sure he can manage it any more. I would rather see Harrop compete with Earl for that position.
Wasn’t Harrop left out of most of Neil’s squads because of his inability to track back and defend. Why would you want him to play in the position where the most tracking back is needed?

Morse

Manager
I would play Riis and Roswell-Grant up front tonight, should scare the s*it out of the Morecambe back line.....

SuffolknWhat

Advisor to the Owner
As much as I'm not his biggest fan I'd play Maguire.
A recent L2 side would know how to handle traditional big lads, maybe not a little one running into spaces.
Plus he would win lots of free kicks..........