Match Day - Morecambe v PNE - 24/08/21 - KO:19:45 - League Cup 2nd Round

Durutti

Advisor to the Owner
Your obsession with him starting games is just weird.

I’m not bothered if he started but I’m not going to moan about it if he didn’t. End of the day we pick a team to win every game. We won the game.

Every game is important and had he played a much weakened line up and we lost you would have said ‘should had played a stronger side.’ We won -
Don’t really see the issue here.

I've said in previous posts, the result mattered less than player development tonight for me but I am not going to moan with a win obviously because I really enjoyed it. Developing our younger players is one of the most important things we as a club need to be doing.

Nobody has an obsession with starting Bayliss, they just think he deserves more chances than he has had and it's great to see young players come in and do well. Do cheer up.

OP
JK

JK

Head Honcho
Staff member
Patron
I'm choosing to be positive overall after tonight in what was a really good game of football and it was great being stood with everyone again.

It's still glaringly obvious though we have a few passengers both who where not involved and even a couple who probably shouldn't be.

We won which was important, several of the lads will have gained confidence, Riss particularly who the fans got right behind.

DJ is gradually looking like he is enjoying his football again, Ledson, SVB etc.

Whilst I don't agree with the selection of a couple of players, we won, we are in the hat, Frankie got his selection right.

I think it was important we took it seriously.

Last edited:

Dick Dastardly

Forum Patron
Patron
I’ve been critical of Storey this season but thought he was immense tonight playing centrally with Hughes left and Sepp on the right. Morecambe played with real energy and attacking intent but we always had that touch of class especially when DJ was on the ball. The pace of Riis was good to watch but his partnership with Sinclair was non existent. Potts has his detractors but surely they could appreciate the effort he put in. Ledson s strike with the outside of his boot was sublime. Frankie picked a strong team and anything less would have tasted defeat imo.

VERNON ALLAT

First Team
Thought Morecambe were a tidy outfit their no.25 was very good but faded in last 20 mins. Riis excellent 1st half thought Potts was very poor and probably why we signed Izzy B to play no.10 role as there was little link up from no.10 to strikers. Good enjoyable game and who do we want in the 3rd round?

macctownpne

First Team
Thought Morecambe were a tidy outfit their no.25 was very good but faded in last 20 mins. Riis excellent 1st half thought Potts was very poor and probably why we signed Izzy B to play no.10 role as there was little link up from no.10 to strikers. Good enjoyable game and who do we want in the 3rd round?
Was impressed by there left back Leigh... Will have a chance of staying up playing that

john2321

Advisor to the Owner
how do you feel,about,the result,john.xx
Sonny is there any need for the kisses. Grow up young man and give your brain a chance. Better still sit in the corner, suck on your Callard and Bowser and get your brain in gear. Can’t be arsed with idiots.

Yoowell

Forum Patron
Patron
Highlights - basically just the goals here:

Yes Maguire does do well in the build up to our third - back-to-goal where a bit of control and a near lay-off are required he can still be useful.
Just in the interest of balance and fairness he was also involved in the fourth goal…..so I suppose that makes him a bit more useful.

ralphypne

First Team
Highlights - basically just the goals here:

Yes Maguire does do well in the build up to our third - back-to-goal where a bit of control and a near lay-off are required he can still be useful.
Thanks for posting Ernest.

Some good play for the goals. I’m not so sure either of theirs go in with Iversen in nets.