PNE Online
Welcome to PNE-Online. Why not register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox! You can also join up as a forum Patron to help support in the running costs of the forum.

Match Day - Norwich City v PNE - 19/09/20 - KO:15:00 - Championship

We played some neat one touch passing in forward positions today, which Browne was involved in, including some neat little flicks that unfortunately didn't pay off.

He just doesn't have that killer ball. Id be tempted to play Harrop in those games as his close control is better and he has that pass. The problem is he also has a habit of going missing in the games he starts

He doesn’t have that killer pass. His assist count from open play in the time he’s been here is woefully low.

Yes he has that close control but that means nothing. For me there’s absolutely no game that Harrop gets in the 10 over Browne or Potts. He’s better off the left anyway.

Imagine if Ripley had done the same thing for their first...

He'd be getting death threats.
Yeah cos Rudd got no criticism whatsoever

Ripley wouldn’t have made the world class save that won us a point at the death

Really enjoyed the game today. Both teams playing with intent and having fans, albeit a limited number, in the ground made it feel like a proper match.

Special mention for Ledson too - he was pure quality from start to finish. His forward thinking and quick, direct passing was a joy to watch
Yes I agree watched the game and Ledson should play that role every week Also Brown and all the team were great today although Rudd should have done better or the first goal although he is a very good keeper .I noticed Ben Pearson does some great work getting back defending but when he gets in the oppositions half he slows it down way to much and gives them time to get back in big numbers there for often when we try for goal more often than not it is blocked needs to change

There is a very talented player in Harrop somewhere , but all too often he looks like he can’t be arsed. No replacement for DJ and miles behind Browne in that position. If he plays anywhere, it’s left of the front 3 , but I can’t see him replacing Sinclair or Barky based on today’s show.

Yeah cos Rudd got no criticism whatsoever

Ripley wouldn’t have made the world class save that won us a point at the death

It’s a good reaction save. Not sure I’d define as “world class”. I’d have been very disappointed if it went through him.

Just seen the behind the goal view of his mistake for the goal. Wish I hadn’t.

He’s improved a lot in the past 12 months but he still isn’t the most convincing goalkeeper at times and whilst other areas are a priority we could do with giving him some better competition. Ripley and Hudson just don’t seem to be up to it and beyond Rudd the goalkeeping department looks L2 standard.

I was really starting to think that Ledson wasn't going to live up to his potential but his performances since lockdown have been phenomenal i dont know what has been done to add the maturity and composure to his game he was missing but whoever is responsible wants some serious commendation.
Playing him consistently (and in his correct position/role) has helped.

Playing him consistently (and in his correct position/role) has helped.
Personally think it's too easy and simple about playing consistently. The player first has to warrant that responsibility through their performance and behaviours. I was very impressed with him yesterday he was very very good and you can see the potential in him. He's definitely changed his body shape looks to me one of the fittest in the team, think if he keeps this up he's looking at a bright future

Would have taken a point but once again we've left a game thinking we should have had all three. Much better performance on Tuesday and yesterday. Hopefully we can kick on and sign a striker!

It’s a good reaction save. Not sure I’d define as “world class”. I’d have been very disappointed if it went through him.

Just seen the behind the goal view of his mistake for the goal. Wish I hadn’t.

He’s improved a lot in the past 12 months but he still isn’t the most convincing goalkeeper at times and whilst other areas are a priority we could do with giving him some better competition. Ripley and Hudson just don’t seem to be up to it and beyond Rudd the goalkeeping department looks L2 standard.
I said this in the match day thread just after the goal, Rudd will know he has no real competition challenging him for the position.
Yes if AN wants to give one of the other two keepers a game in the cup then he might be on the bench depending on how serious AN takes the game.
How ever in reality he knows he will be playing in the next league game and barring an injury will keep his place through out the season. 🤔

I don't think Rudd makes an error because he knows there's no competition. Getting a bit silly all this. It was a bad error but not in the same league as Birmingham away.
Outside the mistake he played well, made a few good saves.

I don't think Rudd makes an error because he knows there's no competition. Getting a bit silly all this. It was a bad error but not in the same league as Birmingham away.
Outside the mistake he played well, made a few good saves.
Big fan of Rudd but there is no denying he has a mistake in him. Unfortunately for us his mistakes always cost us goals. Some keepers get lucky and get away with their mistakes. We dont seem to be that fortunate

Big fan of Rudd but there is no denying he has a mistake in him. Unfortunately for us his mistakes always cost us goals. Some keepers get lucky and get away with their mistakes. We dont seem to be that fortunate
Aye his hopefully one mistake a season paddy!
He's definitely not perfect but he's improved immeasurably imo, hopefully polit can keep Rudd going in the right direction.