PNE Online
Welcome to PNE-Online. Why not register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox! You can also join up as a forum Patron to help support in the running costs of the forum.

Match Day - Norwich City v PNE - 19/09/20 - KO:15:00 - Championship

Overall a massively encouraging performance - a well-balanced team and a return to our pressing game so us get a point against strong opposition in a match where we can feel disappointed we didn't get all three. But it was almost snatched from us right at the end and if it had the psychological effect might have been devastating. As such that save from Rudd in the final seconds might be as significant as the penalty save he made at Aston Villa also right at the end a couple of seasons ago after which we remembered how to win again. We need to do that on Saturday to increase the momentum of the season. But something before then on Wednesday, of course, so let's focus on that.

Back to our 20 penalties in first 2 months of the season? 😍

Just been made aware of this. Lol.

As such that save from Rudd in the final seconds might be as significant as the penalty save he made at Aston Villa also right at the end a couple of seasons ago after which we remembered how to win again.

It was Maxwell that saved that penalty and the save got us a draw, not a win.

Just been made aware of this. Lol.

They need to get a life

They need to get a life
I thought I’d reply to some of their posts:
Ivorh 2
Posted 22 hours ago
I’m a Preston supporter that lives down here on the Norfolk coast. I have been down here for 27 years now and I used to go to quite a lot of City’s home games (I like football and if I cannot get to see PNE play then I’d go and watch Norwich at home.
Now I have found this thread to be most interesting and decided that either most of you are fairly recent City supporters or have very short memories or are hypocrites. I’m glad at least one of you remembers Grant Holt platform City. All that was needed was for him to be in the penalty area or just outside of it and for some to touch him from behind and he would go down like he had been shot.
I remember going to watch one game, I was behind the riverside goals, and City had a corner. Big Grant was up in the box as expected, the cross came in, it was headed back to the corner taker and as he crossed the ball Holt backed into the oppositions defender and as soon as he felt a touch he went down and a penalty was awarded yet it was Holt who had backed into the defender.
I loved watching Big Grant and the way he won you free kicks and penalties, I remember saying to my City supporting friend who I used to go on games with and I said ‘ all you have to do is blow on Holt and he goes down and a foul is given’ his reply was ‘yes, great isn’t it!’
Yes it was a soft penalty but both the SKY reporter and Radio Norfolk commentators said it was definitely a penalty.
You cannot have it both ways, great when it goes your way but shouldn’t be allowed and cry when it goes against you.
All the best for the rest of the season except when you play us at Deepdale at Easter, I have chosen you to go up as champions, but to do anything this season you need to get your defence sorted otherwise you will concede more goals and drop more points than you should.

Reactions: OB1
That forum has an obsession about us because they spend loads of money, can't beat us and rarely finish above us. Sad, backward bumpkins.

That forum has an obsession about us because they spend loads of money, can't beat us and rarely finish above us. Sad, backward bumpkins.
That's what a diet based mainly around crunching carrots does for you. It seems however that Norfolk Carrots don't do much for ones eyesight...

Just seen that @sf was referring to the Bristol forum but they're Carrot Crunchers, too, so my original point remains intact.

I thought I’d reply to some of their posts:
Ivorh 2
Posted 22 hours ago
I’m a Preston supporter that lives down here on the Norfolk coast. I have been down here for 27 years now and I used to go to quite a lot of City’s home games (I like football and if I cannot get to see PNE play then I’d go and watch Norwich at home.
Now I have found this thread to be most interesting and decided that either most of you are fairly recent City supporters or have very short memories or are hypocrites. I’m glad at least one of you remembers Grant Holt platform City. All that was needed was for him to be in the penalty area or just outside of it and for some to touch him from behind and he would go down like he had been shot.
I remember going to watch one game, I was behind the riverside goals, and City had a corner. Big Grant was up in the box as expected, the cross came in, it was headed back to the corner taker and as he crossed the ball Holt backed into the oppositions defender and as soon as he felt a touch he went down and a penalty was awarded yet it was Holt who had backed into the defender.
I loved watching Big Grant and the way he won you free kicks and penalties, I remember saying to my City supporting friend who I used to go on games with and I said ‘ all you have to do is blow on Holt and he goes down and a foul is given’ his reply was ‘yes, great isn’t it!’
Yes it was a soft penalty but both the SKY reporter and Radio Norfolk commentators said it was definitely a penalty.
You cannot have it both ways, great when it goes your way but shouldn’t be allowed and cry when it goes against you.
All the best for the rest of the season except when you play us at Deepdale at Easter, I have chosen you to go up as champions, but to do anything this season you need to get your defence sorted otherwise you will concede more goals and drop more points than you should.
You know it’s a Bristol City forum, right?

Yeah I know it is, but the only forum that has been linked in here that I can see is OTIB, unless I’m being blind. Admittedly I have only looked at this page and seen Sedgwick’s post so I maybe should’ve checked first haha.
Ahh right.

Sedge posted the Bristol City forum (not read that link yet) whilst Norfolk replied that he'd posted in The Pink Un without using the words The Pink Un. Hence some mild confusion.

OTIB reads very much like the Norwich song OTBC (On The Ball City). Easy error to read.

Ahh right.

Sedge posted the Bristol City forum (not read that link yet) whilst Norfolk replied that he'd posted in The Pink Un without using the words The Pink Un. Hence some mild confusion.

OTIB reads very much like the Norwich song OTBC (On The Ball City). Easy error to read.
Oh yeah, didn’t spot the link in Norfolk’s post and just assumed he was talking about the OTIB thread!

It was Maxwell that saved that penalty and the save got us a draw, not a win.

Yes thanks - I had a feeling it might not have been Rudd but I couldn't think who else it might have been. Maxwell was arguably a more extreme version of Rudd - bigger occasional howlers, even more spectacular occasional wonder saves. I actually liked him and thought that with a bit of coaching he could have become a bit steadier. If we did offload Ripley and brought Maxwell back - though I realise that won't happen - I wouldn't be unhappy. As it is I think Hudson looked assured in pre-season and if Ripley left I would be OK with him as first deputy keeper. But what I said about the parallel between that save by Maxwell and the one by Rudd holds true - both did more than just save us a point.

Yes thanks - I had a feeling it might not have been Rudd but I couldn't think who else it might have been. Maxwell was arguably a more extreme version of Rudd - bigger occasional howlers, even more spectacular occasional wonder saves. I actually liked him and thought that with a bit of coaching he could have become a bit steadier. If we did offload Ripley and brought Maxwell back - though I realise that won't happen - I wouldn't be unhappy. As it is I think Hudson looked assured in pre-season and if Ripley left I would be OK with him as first deputy keeper. But what I said about the parallel between that save by Maxwell and the one by Rudd holds true - both did more than just save us a point.

Oh and I did say that we remembered how to win again afterwards - I do remember it was a draw. The actual match was one of the most tense and dramatic I can recall.