PNE Online
Welcome to PNE-Online. Why not register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox! You can also join up as a forum Patron to help support in the running costs of the forum.

Match Day - Norwich City v PNE - 19/09/20 - KO:15:00 - Championship

JK

I try not to fly in the face of public opinion!
Staff member
Patron
index.php
1600453390676.png 1600453412267.png

1600453524042.png
1880badge.png

Norwich City v Preston North End
Saturday 19th September 2020 , Kick Off 3PM
Championship
Match Preview:

Bought my pass (which should be free) Beer in fridge. Not sure how much 1000 fans will influence them but it must give them a small advantage. i just hope we manage to put away any chances that come our way , I'll settle for a draw but hoping for a win. COYW

Bought my pass (which should be free) Beer in fridge. Not sure how much 1000 fans will influence them but it must give them a small advantage. i just hope we manage to put away any chances that come our way , I'll settle for a draw but hoping for a win. COYW
I was going to watch too but not sure after all the iFollow issues reported on here last week. 🤔

IFollow has been absolutely perfect for myself bar the opening 12 minutes in the 1st game back v Luton.

No buffering.
No delays.
No loss of sound.
No blank screen.

I really have no complaints with it given the previous horror stories I read on here, to the extent that I am now convinced that you are all making them up.

Then who do we blame, Professor Plum with the candlestick in the library.
For this summers move the only person to blame is Moore. Cardiff was the only place he wanted to go

For last summer, you blame Hemmings

For this summers move the only person to blame is Moore. Cardiff was the only place he wanted to go

Lol, blame Moore for going to Cardiff, considering they are paying him a damn sight more than Trevor would ever dream of offering. Yeah right!

It was the summer of 2018 when we went in for Moore. Apparently we were never in for him last summer when he went to Wigan. Probably due to price.

Reactions: OB1
Lol, blame Moore for going to Cardiff, considering they are paying him a damn sight more than Trevor would ever dream of offering. Yeah right!
No, he turned down more money from at least 3 other clubs because Cardiff was his preference

We will find out in an hour or so what the team is. Hopefully it will not cause the consternation the selection a week ago did. That one was atrocious. Its faults were an improvised fullback in Browne when we had two proper fullbacks available, the sterile midfield '3' utterly devoid of creativity in which the strength and running of Potts and Sinclair were coupled with the bizarre selection of Bodin and the use of Barkhuizen who is an attacking midfielder as a centre forward when we had both Maguire and Stockley available.
All of those errors were remedied in midweek and the difference in performance was manifest. So for today the fullbacks have to be two from Fisher, Rafferty and Hughes, the '3' must have a proper creative player in it which if he is available has to mean Johnson with Browne and Harrop as additional options and we have to start with either Maguire or Stockley upfront.
That still leaves AN with some tough decisions - Rafferty or Hughes assuming Fisher starts, Bauer or Storey alongside Davies, Browne or Ledson alongside Pearson though I just cannot see how AN can omit Ledson who was our best player a week ago. Also if we do start Maguire upfront, which given AN's previous practice seems the most likely option, then with Barkhuizen moved back to where he should be played and you would hope Johnson there would only be room for one of Browne (assuming Ledson starts), Harrop, Potts and Sinclair. I would probably keep Sinclair back since he and Stockley make for a very good aggressive double whammy option later on.
Anyhow we do need something from today to get our season underway. Let's see if we can go out and get what we need.

The windows are all so similar when it comes to strikers it all blurs together
Yep, we spend 2 months being told to be patient coz we're waiting to sign quality, then we loan someone in right at the end whose most distinctive attribute is their total lack of quality.