Match Day - Nottingham Forest v PNE - 06/11/21 - KO:15:00 - Championship

Regardless

Forum Patron
Patron
A fairly regulation home win? One win at home I believe coming into the game against us unless I've got that wrong.
All this they've had an extra day crap. Lots of jobs away from football are physically demanding but you still have to go in the next day an I'm pretty sure alot of people don't get pampered to fuck like these lot do before doing so.

That criticism doesnโ€™t work. Ordinary physical jobs arenโ€™t competitive. If youโ€™re an elite athlete who has given their all in midweek, and because of short recovery time you can only give 98% on the Saturday, then at that level, it can be the difference between victory and defeat - and defeat means total failure.

If youโ€™re a bricklayer giving 98%, then at the end of the day, you finish up with 98% success.

ernest

Advisor to the Owner
Iโ€™ll bet @ernest canโ€™t believe that Frankie didnโ€™t bring Sinclair on.

Sinclair should have started yesterday upfront in partnership with Riis. Sure he wouldn't have brought Maguire's ability to hold the ball up but then neither did Potts. But Sinclair would have brought running and some ability to finish - which might have been of more use - especially as I pointed out before the math with Johnson's ability to thread accurate little passes through the opposition defence.

lagerlout

First Team
)
View attachment 5167Iโ€™m really not having it that Potts is that bad. Filmed him during shooting practice today. The lad was on fire. ๐Ÿ˜œ๐Ÿ˜œ๐Ÿ˜œ๐Ÿ˜œ๐Ÿ˜œ๐Ÿ˜œ๐Ÿ˜œ๐Ÿ˜œ
Potts rushes every shooting opportunity because he is frightened of being โ€˜ clatteredโ€™.
This fear removes any composure that he may have. He never seems to think of placing the ball..itโ€™s just try to knock the leather off the ball.
In the recent reserve fixture at the training ground, Barky put it in a plate for him - and he just belted it high and wideโ€ฆ from 12 ydsโ€ฆ just like the Forest attempt.
A braver player would concentrate on making the best delivery of the ball and ignore any surrounding opposition.

Paul Szacsky

Forum Patron
Patron
)

Potts rushes every shooting opportunity because he is frightened of being โ€˜ clatteredโ€™.
This fear removes any composure that he may have. He never seems to think of placing the ball..itโ€™s just try to knock the leather off the ball.
In the recent reserve fixture at the training ground, Barky put it in a plate for him - and he just belted it high and wideโ€ฆ from 12 ydsโ€ฆ just like the Forest attempt.
A braver player would concentrate on making the best delivery of the ball and ignore any surrounding opposition.
Yet Funtime Frankie is convinced there's a striker in there!!

Naughton's moustache

Advisor to the Owner
That criticism doesnโ€™t work. Ordinary physical jobs arenโ€™t competitive. If youโ€™re an elite athlete who has given their all in midweek, and because of short recovery time you can only give 98% on the Saturday, then at that level, it can be the difference between victory and defeat - and defeat means total failure.

If youโ€™re a bricklayer giving 98%, then at the end of the day, you finish up with 98% success.
If, as you've stated, they are elite athletes, they shouldn't have an issue performing to the max twice in one week. I did say at the beginning of the match day thread that in an ideal word, all midweek games would be on a Tuesday, pretty much how it used to be. Thanks to Sky, it ain't like that anymore though.
Lose the soft arse excuses, I'm not buying them

nigelscamelcoat

Advisor to the Owner
If, as you've stated, they are elite athletes, they shouldn't have an issue performing to the max twice in one week. I did say at the beginning of the match day thread that in an ideal word, all midweek games would be on a Tuesday, pretty much how it used to be. Thanks to Sky, it ain't like that anymore though.
Lose the soft arse excuses, I'm not buying them
Forres the were at home on Tuesday. We were away on Wednesday on the south coast. I doubt we had much of an opportunity to train on Thursday, depending on how the team travelled or if they stayed over. They only really had one day to prepare where as Forest had 3. That gives the home team a clear advantage. We probably should have requested a Sunday. Although I'm not sure of the rules on that.

Earlofcurl

Youth Team
I bet Potts cannot believe his luck to have an extended contract at a Championship club. No wonder he signed straight away whereas the likes of TB can wait to see if a good, eye catching performance, at a better paying club might give them a more lucrative deal. I might sound cynical but is it one reason why they give 110% at Bournemouth and then fail to shine at Forest.

pnewortham

Forum Patron
Patron
Forres the were at home on Tuesday. We were away on Wednesday on the south coast. I doubt we had much of an opportunity to train on Thursday, depending on how the team travelled or if they stayed over. They only really had one day to prepare where as Forest had 3. That gives the home team a clear advantage. We probably should have requested a Sunday. Although I'm not sure of the rules on that.
But that's why it's a squad game.

The only changes we made were due to injuries. We didn't utilise our squad at all.