PNE Online
Welcome to PNE-Online. Why not register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox! You can also join up as a forum Patron to help support in the running costs of the forum.

Match Day - PNE v Brighton - 23/09/20 - KO:19:00 - League Cup 3rd Round

Well I see Bristol City, who I believe have spent rather more money than us, were turfed out at home by a Premiership side 3-0 last night. Not that that alters the verdict on how we did the night before - OK in the first half when we close to snatching the lead twice but utterly insipidly in the second half. The fundamental reason is that while we had a competent defence that was only breached by a couple of moments of Premiership quality and a centre forward willing to put himself about we had just about nothing in between and without a midfield able to impose itself and drive forward you really don't have anything. But tomorrow we should have Pearson, Ledson, Barkhuizen and Browne back - in the absence of Johnson those four are the basis of our midfield and with Sinclair added to them or maybe Harrop who does have the talent to make a contribution when there is something like a proper team around him then you would hope that the performance will be something different.

In context though, their first scorer Jahanbakhsh cost £17 mill.
Well I see Bristol City, who I believe have spent rather more money than us, were turfed out at home by a Premiership side 3-0 last night.
Defence of our total lack of spending always revolves around these two contradictory poles:

1. Of course the other team won - they spent a lot of money.
2. Haha, you see - spending a lot of money makes no difference.