PNE Online
Welcome to PNE-Online. Why not register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox! You can also join up as a forum Patron to help support in the running costs of the forum.

Match Day - PNE v Bristol City - 18/12/20 - KO:20:00 - Championship

Hughes out & Riis on bench. Not much confidence around at moment.First goal may decide game. North End look lacklustre at moment, Browne/DJ/Gally all out of sorts. Need a break tonight another defeat will put more pressure on AN big time. So 4 nil win for North End then 🤭

Chris Martin loves a goal against us, remember him at deepdale for derby 25 yard free kick, top bin then shhhhing the town end! Would have loved him at north end class act!

Huntington picked specifically to mark him?

I may be in the minority, but I don't think DJ was that bad vs Barnsley. Won tackles and played forward passes. And I'm hardly DJ's biggest fan here...
I think my worst criticism is I didn’t notice him. And for our best creative player in a game where we were struggling to create, that shouldn’t be the case. Obviously means he wasn’t doing anything wrong, but he wasn’t taking the game by the scruff of the neck

However, he was a victim of the style of play, long balls over a high press

I think my worst criticism is I didn’t notice him. And for our best creative player in a game where we were struggling to create, that shouldn’t be the case. Obviously means he wasn’t doing anything wrong, but he wasn’t taking the game by the scruff of the neck

Aye, only so much he can do. Don't get me wrong, he's been pretty poor on the whole this season, but I think the narrative that he isn't trying is a false one.

DJ and Browne were quite decent first half against Barnsley imo., but faded badly in second half. Usually Pne dash our hopes when we expect a good performance. Nobody gives us much of a chance of winning but it might be our night.

Wonder how long Ledson will be absent for. Big miss given his start to the season. Potts was starting to show some form as well.
Hope DJ and Browne can bring their A game onto the pitch tonight.

Sum up the team as selected .... soft cocks .. not one of them can take the game by the scruff it’s neck and make it their own .. we need strength and character, and some swagger .. what do we get ? A manager whose passion during the game extends to him taking his hands out of his pockets and a team that has had the individuality and balls coached out of them. I strongly suspect opposition teams when they come up against us .. think ‘it’s only preston’

Sum up the team as selected .... soft cocks .. not one of them can take the game by the scruff it’s neck and make it their own .. we need strength and character, and some swagger .. what do we get ? A manager whose passion during the game extends to him taking his hands out of his pockets and a team that has had the individuality and balls coached out of them. I strongly suspect opposition teams when they come up against us .. think ‘it’s only preston’

........... especially when we’re on Sky! 🤷‍♂️

I’ve said it before, but could Harrop Bayliss or O’Reilly put in performances any worse than the rubbish DJ and Browne have put in recently?
Yes, they could.

DJ was the one standing unmarked when Riis missed his chance to make it 0-2.

Reactions: OB1
I’ve said it before, but could Harrop Bayliss or O’Reilly put in performances any worse than the rubbish DJ and Browne have put in recently?
Yes they can. I would have liked Riis to start. If Hughes, Ledson and Potts are unavailable it's an ok starting lineup.

Wonder which North End will turn up tonight?

The footballing connoisseurs who took apart Bournemouth, Brentford, Reading and Middlesboro or the footballing shit show that was walloped by Luton and outplayed by Barnsley, Rotherham?

0-0 then!