Match Day - PNE v Cardiff City - 18/10/20 - KO:12:00 - Championship

Bhagwan H

Forum Patron
Patron
I'm afraid that was as feeble as we have been in a long time. Big fan of the gaffer but I place the blame completely and firmly at his door today. Yet again, he has made life easy for Neil Harris. Complete madness to approach the game in exactly the same way we did 6 months ago. Their whole team played with a cigar on, it was so easy for them.

Frankly, it's been awful at home all season so far (I'll ignore beating England's whipping boys in the cup, who could and probably should have been 2 up after 10 minutes). A major strategic rethink is needed by the gaffer for next Saturday, there is no such thing as home advantage at the moment so we need to regroup and try and play football that excites our players into action.

Bloody awful today.
Unfortunately we are playing on Wednesday.

wld

Forum Patron
Patron
We need a bit of joy at present as a good number of fans are working in difficult jobs at present. But we get this again - do they really care about anybody else but themselves and their privileged lifestyle

Don’t forget we paid them all in full. Wash your mouth out with soap and water 😉

FredElseFlyer

Forum Patron
Patron

Was Bill talking about @Ron Burgundy? 😂 😂
Yes I'll go with this guy. He knew the odd thing about football.

Yoowell

Forum Patron
Patron
I’ve not watched the game again but having played it back in my mind I cannot give any player higher than a six.
It was a collective poor show, I would have started with that team and tactics aside I expected a lot better.

Ando60

Hat Trick Hero
Patron
I’ve not watched the game again but having played it back in my mind I cannot give any player higher than a six.
It was a collective poor show, I would have started with that team and tactics aside I expected a lot better.
What must other fans think of us..... we always seem to perform abysmally on telly

paolo poggi

Advisor to the Owner
No you can't but you still have to win the 2nd balls alot more than we did today. A total lack of ideas yet again against a team that likes to sit in. Clearly nothing has been addressed
For me the problem was not the second ball but what the lads did on the ball. Only Ledson and Potts showed any forward intent and ability. Maguire did well with good runs into space, but was completely alone on the ball with two thugs around him and no runners offering an option.
1 up front and no pace out wide is an appalling way to set up at home.
For me many players are being wrongly deployed.

pnenycx

Forum Patron
Patron
It was a 0-0 game, both teams cancelled each other out. Their goal was a great break and superb finish, bet if he got that chance another 5 times he wouldn't score it again.

pne1881

Advisor to the Owner
It's not all you need to know at all. I match playing a 2nd string team against a Premier League team, one playing most of the match with 10 men and the other two against quality promotion chasing sides.

Dress it up any which way you want it & come out with all the excuses / reasons you like but those are the facts. Then throw into the mix the stats quoted previously in the thread including the back end of last season.

Then tell me that's good enough?

pne1881

Advisor to the Owner
So what does that say about the management at PNE? We take a prospect just breaking into the Manchester United first team and shape him into a championship bench warmer!

Obviously he wasn't AN's signing, I just don't think he fancies him as player & doesn't fit in with the way he wants to play.

LostinSpace

PNE Exile
Patron
Dress it up any which way you want it & come out with all the excuses / reasons you like but those are the facts. Then throw into the mix the stats quoted previously in the thread including the back end of last season.

Then tell me that's good enough?
I’m not telling you anything, just trying to balance the facts.