PNE Online
Welcome to PNE-Online. Why not register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox! You can also join up as a forum Patron to help support in the running costs of the forum.

Match Day - PNE v Cardiff City - 20/11/21 - KO:15:00 - Championship

Tell that to Klopp where VVD regularly makes more passes than any other player.
There were players hiding yesterday so that makes it difficult for the CB's/DCM to build play. This leads to punts up the pitch/hooks over the top because that's the only thing available if you don't want to get caught in possession in a dangerous area of the pitch.
Let's be honest, we do the punts up the pitch and hooks over the top even when we're on top of our game.

It is our game.

We don't build play, we go looking for stoppages, hence we love to dribble in a straight line directly towards the goal, hoping someone brings us down.

Any opportunity to let us regroup with a load of big blokes in the box.

Tell that to Klopp where VVD regularly makes more passes than any other player.
There were players hiding yesterday so that makes it difficult for the CB's/DCM to build play. This leads to punts up the pitch/hooks over the top because that's the only thing available if you don't want to get caught in possession in a dangerous area of the pitch.
Hate to break it to you. But Bauer isn't as good as VVD. And PNE are not an elite European football club. We reside in the championship. Lower end of the table at that.

And yesterday was the first game all season, Bauer had more passes than any other north end player. He averages 26 passes per game. That makes him 11th in the squad for average passes attempted.

Hate to break it to you. But Bauer isn't as good as VVD. And PNE are not an elite European football club. We reside in the championship. Lower end of the table at that.

And yesterday was the first game all season, Bauer had more passes than any other north end player. He averages 26 passes per game. That makes him 11th in the squad for average passes attempted.
Think you’ll find VVD watches Bauer highlight videos to learn

Left with 10mins to go yesterday, seen enough to know we could have played for another hour and wouldn’t have troubled their keeper. Only the 2nd time I’ve left early in 20odd years of supporting north end. Couldn’t take another minute more of that dross.
Yep, same here, left with 5 mins to go which would be 10 incl. injury time probably.
Decided to get off the car park and onto the M6 ASAP whereas usually hang around for half an hour after the game for the traffic to subside.
First time we've done that since Beck was Manager.
If we go 2-1 up we are usually defending desperately for the last 20 minutes or so, yet yesterday we were so bereft of ideas they looked more likely to increase the lead.
The second half was beyond poor yesterday.

Ainsworth wouldn't even get a mention if he wasn't a former player.

He might steady the ship but is he a longer term answer? Not for me.
And reasons why ?? I doubt we are going to get a top tried and trusted manager because PNE doesn’t work like that, little finance to really get us moving is just how the club is. Ainsworth would am sure be a breath of fresh air as the whole club has gone into hopeless mode , one thing is sure what we have now isn’t working...at all !!

So maybe yesterday, especially in the 2nd half, was when the players where hiding compared to other games?

Think you’ll find VVD watches Bauer highlight videos to learn
And reasons why ?? I doubt we are going to get a top tried and trusted manager because PNE doesn’t work like that, little finance to really get us moving is just how the club is. Ainsworth would am sure be a breath of fresh air as the whole club has gone into hopeless mode , one thing is sure what we have now isn’t working...at all !!
We should have gone for Critchley when Neil went as a few of us recommended. Unfortunately he has just signed a long contract so that Blackpool are well compensated if he is poached.

And by the way, VVD would have struggled to find anyone to pass to if he had been wearing a PNE shirt yesterday

So maybe yesterday, especially in the 2nd half, was when the players where hiding compared to other games?
We were tactically outfought. I don't think the players were hiding. We just got our ass handed to us second half and the substitutions only made it worse.

We lacked any genuine width. Most of our forward passes were too central. And Cardiff shut us down completely. Which led to a guy like Bauer ending up being our playmaker.

Mcavoy needs to go. He’s a shocking manager. But there is nothing between them three. People slate Frankie for playing Potts up front (deservedly) and then go I would rather have Westley as manager. You mean the clown who made us a laughing stock on tv by putting Aaron brown up front.

Frankie can fuck off but if them two clowns come anywhere near deepdale again we might as well open the floodgates to the conference. Westley and brown were not much better. Similar yes but we was heading to league two under them two fuck wits.

And no they aren’t better managers. They are a clueless as Frankie. Fucking don’t have a clue about management. And no I don’t want Frankie - he can be left on the rubbish heap with them two clowns.
Well said.

We were tactically outfought. I don't think the players were hiding. We just got our ass handed to us second half and the substitutions only made it worse.

We lacked any genuine width. Most of our forward passes were too central. And Cardiff shut us down completely. Which led to a guy like Bauer ending up being our playmaker.

When the system isn't working you change the sytem not the personel. Instead frankie took off Cunningham and Ledson at 68' for Sinclair and Earl. Did Sinclair touch the ball? None of his substitutions ever work.
The second half we again had no forward width. No plan B.

Bugs me no end when defenders and midfield have the ball and they can see players making runs in forward positions but they refuse to pass to them. So instead of putting pressure on the opposition defenders we choose to pass sideways and back.
To my mind there is only one reason for that. The players do not want to put pressure on the opposition, but that cant be true can it?
Now, Why on earth would they do that?
I do not like the possible answer.

Bugs me no end when defenders and midfield have the ball and they can see players making runs in forward positions but they refuse to pass to them. So instead of putting pressure on the opposition defenders we choose to pass sideways and back.
To my mind there is only one reason for that. The players do not want to put pressure on the opposition, but that cant be true can it?
Now, Why on earth would they do that?
I do not like the possible answer.
Being too scared or totally lacking in ability so take the easy option. On the whole we are hopeless at finding our players with anything above a 10 yard one.

Left with 10mins to go yesterday, seen enough to know we could have played for another hour and wouldn’t have troubled their keeper. Only the 2nd time I’ve left early in 20odd years of supporting north end. Couldn’t take another minute more of that dross.
I was ready to go home at half time, and we were winning! It really is piss poor stuff being dished up

I was ready to go home at half time, and we were winning! It really is piss poor stuff being dished up
I agree it was just run of the mill after the first few minutes and second half was a total non entity for us. It shows how low we are when run of the mill translates as playing well, we didn’t not after the first five minutes.

Did Sinclair actually touch the ball when he came on yesterday?

Appreciate it wasn't the greatest time to come on directly after they'd scored their 2nd & we were on the back foot but he was completely & utterly anonymous.
Said exactly the same on here just after the match ended. And he's not the only one. Sometimes I don't even realise some players are in the team until late in the match. Yesterday it was Ledson.

Yep, same here, left with 5 mins to go which would be 10 incl. injury time probably.
Decided to get off the car park and onto the M6 ASAP whereas usually hang around for half an hour after the game for the traffic to subside.
First time we've done that since Beck was Manager.
If we go 2-1 up we are usually defending desperately for the last 20 minutes or so, yet yesterday we were so bereft of ideas they looked more likely to increase the lead.
The second half was beyond poor yesterday.
Bloke sat near me left 10 mins before the end and asked his mates if anyone fancied a lift. They all said yes but there were about 6 of them so some had to stay!