PNE Online
Welcome to PNE-Online. Why not register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox! You can also join up as a forum Patron to help support in the running costs of the forum.

Match Day - PNE v Cardiff City - 20/11/21 - KO:15:00 - Championship

Yeah there's an original recording of it here.

That's a little too tuneful for Bob.....😉

Kidding of course - I'm a big fan, and I'm pretty certain he has never played kazoo. Jesse Fuller, Don Partridge, Jimi Hendrix (paper and comb actually) and me - but not Dylan😊

Last edited:
Definitely acoustic. "Kazoo-unplugged". Just like MTV.

And I've now stumbled on a whole new genre of kazoo YouTube videos.

Ah yes, 'The Bum of the Flightle Bee' - a classic.

If you have any more videos like that, kindly keep them to yourself 👍

And reasons why ?? I doubt we are going to get a top tried and trusted manager because PNE doesn’t work like that, little finance to really get us moving is just how the club is. Ainsworth would am sure be a breath of fresh air as the whole club has gone into hopeless mode , one thing is sure what we have now isn’t working...at all !!

Reason why is the 1st sentence of my post.

He's doing an OK job at Wycombe & would probably walk here if he was offered the job but if he's the best we can hope for there isn't much hope.

Which will probably mean he'll be appointed next week.........

Bugs me no end when defenders and midfield have the ball and they can see players making runs in forward positions but they refuse to pass to them. So instead of putting pressure on the opposition defenders we choose to pass sideways and back.
To my mind there is only one reason for that. The players do not want to put pressure on the opposition, but that cant be true can it?
Now, Why on earth would they do that?
I do not like the possible answer.
The problem is lack of trust between the players. They don’t trust their own players to do something with the ball when they get it. There is no belief in their team mates ability. Other than putting the ball for a player to run onto ..they won’t give a player the ball in tight situations because they believe he hadn’t the skills to get out of it. I really believe the players don’t rate each other..it’s school boy stuff .. an extension of ‘only pass to your mates’

Reason why is the 1st sentence of my post.

He's doing an OK job at Wycombe & would probably walk here if he was offered the job but if he's the best we can hope for there isn't much hope.

Which will probably mean he'll be appointed next week.........
Who do you expect us to get ? We are a little championship club with average gates around 10-12,000, for a town/city this size we get crap support but with too many big clubs within driving distance it’s always going to be that way. Honestly we’d be lucky to get Gareth as he doesn’t need the headache of working with Risdale, and if as you say he’d walk here if offered the job that’s the manager for me not Postman Pat “ Ooh I don’t really want to be a manager. ! “

Who do you expect us to get ? We are a little championship club with average gates around 10-12,000, for a town/city this size we get crap support but with too many big clubs within driving distance it’s always going to be that way. Honestly we’d be lucky to get Gareth as he doesn’t need the headache of working with Risdale, and if as you say he’d walk here if offered the job that’s the manager for me not Postman Pat “ Ooh I don’t really want to be a manager. ! “

Good question. Honestly I don’t know.

GA is without doubt one of my favourite PNE players of all time but I just don’t think he’d even get a mention otherwise.

In my view we need someone with proven Championship experience as at the minute as that’s we are lacking but like I say no one really jumps out at me just now although TBH just about anyone is better than what we currently have.

Good question. Honestly I don’t know.

GA is without doubt one of my favourite PNE players of all time but I just don’t think he’d even get a mention otherwise.

In my view we need someone with proven Championship experience as at the minute as that’s we are lacking but like I say no one really jumps out at me just now although TBH just about anyone is better than what we currently have.
I understand where you’re coming from and it’s difficult to find the right person, I wish we could afford Farke and his back room staff because he is proven championship level but I would be stunned ( nicely ) if we went after him, why would he want to come where there is little money and Risdale ?? Gareth I believe would get the players playing for him because he’s been there and understands their mentality, he’s one of them , unfortunately FM isn’t and never will be . Surely it’s got to be better than this drivel we are served up now, it’s all very well beating Bournemouth and Coventry etc but immediately returning to back to back defeats and lacklustre performance when you have Boro and Fulham coming up isn’t good, we have been bloody awful for most of this season and being bloody awful for the rest of it will take us down. GA has been learning his craft as all good managers have too, unless the powers that be at this club are prepared to go for a Farke or his like then let’s get the next best thing a young ambitious hungry manager and for me GA is a shoe in ?