PNE Online
Welcome to PNE-Online. Why not register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox! You can also join up as a forum Patron to help support in the running costs of the forum.

Match Day - PNE v Cardiff City - Championship - 27/06/20 - KO:12:30 pm

Agree, if we try to attack aerially then we will get little out of their defence.

Hard to see a win in this one.

Said other day with 5 subs you can give stockley clear direction to run himself into the ground and cause some havoc for 45mins

But still, doesnt really fill you with loads of confidence does it 😂

Good luck lads Coyw

I was just thinking about the tempo we played at Leeds and speed of the break when we scored that wonderful goal
Compare this to the pedestrian stuff at Luton last week, same players ,same manager. Do folks think Neil over thinks his tactics and worries too much about the opposition. Please let Sinclair and Barky attack the opposition defenders.
I certainly think that the manager is guilty on both those counts. Too often our play is so rigid and not incisive. I think it stifles some of the players so we don’t get the best out of them.

Hope I’m wrong, but stockley often ends up just scrapping for long balls, and Cardiff’s centre back won 100% of their aerial duels
[/QUOTE With Barky an Sinclair out wide, that's where we need to be getting the ball to quickly. No real reason for hoofs down the middle. I'm hoping Stockley can feed off good delivery from out wide

Reactions: OB1
Can see DJ playing deeper and Browne being asked to do the running which Stockley can't do.

Wouldn't be my choice but I could understand the logic, although it massively hampers us in the creative department which we have little of already.

I was just thinking about the tempo we played at Leeds and speed of the break when we scored that wonderful goal
Compare this to the pedestrian stuff at Luton last week, same players ,same manager. Do folks think Neil over thinks his tactics and worries too much about the opposition. Please let Sinclair and Barky attack the opposition defenders.
no

Against cardiff that team makes a lot of sense. I like stockley and prefer him up there, against a side like Cardiff, before Maguire.

Funny I see it the other way but depends how we play.

If we start lumping balls up to Stockley I can't see him getting much change out of Morrison who likes the physical side of things but isn't that quick.

Not a particular fan of Maguire upfront but I could see why he'd get the nod or maybe even Barky to get behind them with his pace.

Either way a win is a must today.

It's a decent team albeit lacking in creativity and leadership.

Fully back AN but if he gets it wrong the knives will rightly be out.