PNE Online
Welcome to PNE-Online. Why not register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox! You can also join up as a forum Patron to help support in the running costs of the forum.

Match Day - PNE v Cardiff City - Championship - 27/06/20 - KO:12:30 pm

Fisher knew he was there, their lad just wanted it more. Cardiff wanted it more, without being anything special themselves
And that's the disappointment of today, it was a massive 6 pointer if ever there was one. There is no hiding place now, most of our rivals are playing each other over the next couple of weeks. If we don't have the desire then we probably will finish mid table. I honestly think that will be unacceptable to the owner.

And that's the disappointment of today, it was a massive 6 pointer if ever there was one. There is no hiding place now, most of our rivals are playing each other over the next couple of weeks. If we don't have the desire then we probably will finish mid table. I honestly think that will be unacceptable to the owner.
If that's unacceptable to the owner, who do you think he will hold accountable?
Keep away from the mirror Trevor.

I won't get started on the owner but yeah, exactly! Why not just let the front lads express themselves now, let's get right in the faces of Derby an really take it to them. Get back to what served Alex an the the players so well, particularly in the first season of him in charge. 7 cup finals left! Sadly I just can't see it

Seasons over.
A sad thing about today was that a number of players looked shadows of their former selves...Davies, Bauer, Browne, Barkhuizen.
AN is a bit of a dour character and it seems to have rubbed off on the team....let them watch a couple of Phoenix Nights or Dads Army on Monday and get them all a happy meal.

This is slightly incorrect. Stockley (2), Moult (1), Nugent (1) and Maguire (4) adds up to eight goals, but it's still very worrying.

It's more embarrassing than it is worrying.

Apologists and people on here who've tried to defend the club's lack of striker recruitment during the past couple of windows tried to paint those who wanted a striker as unreasonable by saying stuff like 'a 20 goal striker costs 15 million' and all that nonsense.

Nobody was asking for that, just an improvement on what we had. It's not hard to go out into the market and improve on a set of strikers with 8 goals between 4 of them in a whole season. But the club didn't do it.

I thought the timing & personnel of our subs AN got absolutely spot on. To be fair his tactics in the last half a dozen games have been bang on. ANSWA

Harris saying he was surprised we changed our tactics to simply match them up. Fucking madness, just go out and play to our albeit limited strengths. Why this obsession from PNE managers about worrying about the opposition. Inferiority complex? More likely personal reputational protection from our managers knowing their CV needs less losses on it.

Maybe clutching at straws but it might be a good thing dropping out of the top six. We've been clinging on for a long time, nothing to lose now.
So if we beat Derby an Cardiff lose their next game, putting us back in the top 6, should we revert to being shite again after that? I don't buy this "might be a good thing" analogy

So if we beat Derby an Cardiff lose their next game, putting us back in the top 6, should we revert to being shite again after that? I don't buy this "might be a good thing" analogy
We spent four months dropping down the top of the table and at no point did we get any boost from it

Your probably right but it might just take a bit of pressure off. We've been very negative since christmas, hopefully with nothing to lose we will have a bit more of a go like earlier on in the season but as I said I'm probably just clutching at straws.